Plus One Makes Three

Part 7: Plus One Makes Three

Elena looked into the mirror, frowning deeply as she ran her finger over the blood bag on the counter. All she had to do was drink and she would forever be a slave to the night. One sip and she could live eternally, never aging, never changing. Forever a youthful monster.

Slowly she pulled the cap off, allowing the smell to escape and overwhelm her. Except it wasn't a pleasant smell, it was horrible. The blood smelled absolutely putrid, and she felt as if she were about to throw up.

Running to the toilet just in time, Elena started throwing up immediately. She pulled her hair back and fell to her knees as she leaned over the toilet, repeatedly throwing up, what felt like everything in her stomach.

"Luv, are you alright?" Klaus walked into the bathroom and put his hand on her back, stroking it gently.

Elena finished, flushing it down and wiping her mouth with a tissue from the counter.

"I don't know." Elena looked at the ground with a scared expression, slowly bringing her eyes up to meet his, desperately searching for an answer. "Your an Original you have to know what's happening, right?"

Klaus looked her over with narrowed eyes, before shaking his head. "It looks to me like your pregnant, but that isn't possible. I'll have one of my witches come check it out tomorrow."

"What do I do until then? I can't smell blood without puking, let alone drink it." Elena ran her fingers through her hair and turned away from Klaus. "I have to call Bonnie. I know you don't trust any of my friends, but you have to if you want me to be a vampire."

Klaus hesitated, crinkling his nose in annoyance, "stay inside, I will contact another witch and tell her to be here today."

"Klaus, I need Bonnie." Elena grabbed the sides of his face, forcing him to look her in the eyes. "I need my friend."

"I can't risk anyone finding out, even the Bennett witch. Your my weakness and if anyone found out they would use it against me, as Rebekah has so kindly demonstrated." Still, no matter how hard Klaus tried he couldn't be mad at his sister. He wanted Elena to be a vampire, he just knew she would never agree and he didn't want to be the one to take that choice away.

"So I sit here and do nothing?" Elena pouted, as her anger started o grow and she almost couldn't handle it. It started to overwhelm her to the point where she wanted Klaus dead.

"Exactly," Klaus smirked and sped out of the house, before Elena could manage another word.

Elena's fangs popped out and she sped down the stairs. She opened the door to follow him, but her eyes started to blur and the light became painful, she fell back inside, hissing at the pain. She stood back up, avoiding the light and slamming the door shut.

Elena pulled her phone out and dialed Bonnie. Her friend picked up immediately.

"Hey Bonnie, um... Could you come over?" Elena asked nervously. When Bonnie came over she would have to explain what happened, the entire story.

"Yeah, are you alright?" Bonnie hasn't heard from Elena in two days and whenever she did, Elena was distant and secretive.

"Yeah- No, actually I'm not. I'll explain when you get here. Hurry please?" Elena was nearly in tears, talking to her friend. She would never be human again. She would never be the same. Being a vampire would change everything.

*************

"Stay there!" Elena shouted when Bonnie tried to step into the house. Elena was getting hungrier as the day went on, but every she tried to feed she would end up throwing up.