Perfect Secret

Part 5: Perfect Secret

Elena rolled over on her bed, still half asleep, when her arm hit a warm body. She peeked open one eyes, and nearly screamed. He wasn't wearing a shirt and the sunlight was reflecting his abs, making them look ten times better. His hair was the same messy, but styled hair that she found so attractive at the ball and he was in her bed. Her bed! Klaus Mikaelson a.k.a. The big bad wolf was in her bed.

"Good Morning," Klaus smiled genuinely. Elena turned away from him and snuggled up against his chest.

"Ten more minutes," she sighed pulling his arm over her waist. "Then, this will be over and we don't have to talk about it ever again."

"Is that what you want?" Klaus asked, sounding disappointed. He held her tighter, not wanting to ever let her go.

"No, of coarse not," she confessed, "I want to stay in this bed forever...." Klaus smiled, kissing her neck, lovingly. "But we can't," she sighed.

Klaus pulled back, frowning. He pulled his arm away sitting against the headboard. He ran his hand through his hair exasperatedly. He understood why, but he didn't want to accept it.

"This can't happen again, I don't know why it happened in the first place, but it can't happen ever again."

Klaus pursed his lips, standing up and getting dressed in vampire speed. "You can't just forget something like that," he smirked. "I'll keep your secret but I can't keep my distance."

"You have to, this can't happen again." Elena frowned, sitting up in her bed, holding the blanket up to her exposed chest.

Klaus sped towards her and pulled her into a passionate kiss. It was short, but full of passion and conveyed all of his emotions. He pulled back leaving her with a dazed expression as her lips were still parted slightly. With a smirk he added, "try to forget that, luv."

Then he was gone, and Elena was left with her thoughts. She brought her fingers to her lips, that felt empty when he wasn't attached to them. In a strange sense Elena felt that Klaus was her other half, that they completed each other. For ten minutes she could pretend that they were normal and that he was her boyfriend, but when she got out of the bed it would be real and he would be the enemy again.

"I will forget," Elena vowed, standing up, pulling on her clothes and grabbing her phone.

No messages.

No missed calls.

Nothing.

Elena tossed her phone into her purse and fell back into the bed, bored out of her mind.

She stood up defiantly grabbing her coat and purse as she rushed out of the house, determined to do something productive besides thinking about Klaus. Alaric was acting strange, there was a new vampire in town and Elena wanted to help with something.

She got into her car and drove to the Salvatore boarding house, to find a Gilbert journal that might help with Alaric.

She stepped into the house and walked into the room with the shelves of journals and books, only to see Stefan.

"Elena," he said in a questioning voice as he turned to look at her. She swallowed the lump in her throat that had been there since she seen him. She just slept with Klaus and wasn't ready for a confrontation with Stefan. Ever.

"Hey, I was looking for- never mind, I should go." Elena turned around walking out, of the house. Stefan opened his mouth to object, but he couldn't find the words, so he let her leave.

Shoot back into her car and drove towards the grand opening of Wickery Bridge. The old bridge was tattered, and you could hear the creaking of the wood each time someone drove across, suffice to say, the bridge was old. No one was sad to see it go.

Elena stepped out of her car pulling out her purse and looking around for Damon, to no avail. He wasn't there, but Rebekah was. She set her sights on Elena walking towards her with a triumphant smile.

"Looking for your little boyfriend?" Rebekah questioned, tilting her head to the side with a fake pout.

Elena sucked in a breath, not looking at Rebekah. "Do you know where he is?"

"If I recall correctly he left with a trampy red head. He invited me to come, and I'm guessing you didn't get an invite?" Rebekah surmised, pretending to pour before it turned into a triumphant smile. Elena's eyes caught Rebekah's as she slightly narrowed her eyes.

"Your lying." Elena rolled her eyes, putting her hands into her pockets and looking at Rebekah expectantly.

"Listen to me, and don't say a word," Rebekah compelled, picking Elena up into her shoulder and flashing towards the Salvatore house, with a bottle in the other hand.

"Hello, Damon, your little toy doesn't believe that you invited me here, so I brought her with me, hope you don't mind." Rebekah smirked, walking past him, setting the bottle into his hands as he stood there.

"Go home," Damon smirked at Elena, winking at her. Elena scoffed looking over his shoulder at Rebekah who was standing, by the piano, waving deviously and another red head who looked ready to kill her.

Elena shook her head, turning around as Damon shouted, "now let's party!"

Elena walked back to her car the third time that day, this time just sitting there, leaning against the back of the seat. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to hold in her tears. Tears of exhaustion, that she wouldn't allow to escape.

She started her car and drove back to her house, annoyed with Damon, Rebekah and even Stefan. She couldn't handle all the drama that they brought into her life.

When she got into her room she wasn't surprised to see Klaus laying on it, reading her diary.

"I'm am truly baffled as to why you haven't even mentioned my name in here," Klaus stated, flipping through the pages.

"Well, there's too much to say," Elena shot, taking off her shoes and coat, sitting next to Klaus. "You killed my aunt, my biological dad, you used my blood and countless other things, shall I go on?"

"Don't do that, luv." Klaus smirked, closing the diary and pulling Elena's head onto his chest. "I told you I couldn't keep my distance, and this is the only time that we don't have to hate each other, don't ruin it."

"So we're supposed to have a secret relationship?" Elena asked, keeping her face purposefully blank.

"Sneaking around behind your friends backs," he pointed out, trailing a finger down her arm as she looked up into his eyes. "Lying to them," he added, his voice getting lower and more seductive. "That the fun of it."

Elena looked into his eyes squirming uncomfortably as he leaned down capturing her lips in his own.

They didn't have a relationship, or feelings towards one another, but they felt something. This as the only way they could express what they were feeling. It wasn't love or lust, but a mix of both and neither.

A/N: I'm continuing this story, do you like this part, because I feel it may not be good. Be honest, if you don't like it I'll re-do it.

P.S. I'm working on my first story that isn't Fan fiction called, Dont Hold Your Breath, check it out?

Love You All!(;
~Bella