01 | drowned blood

Start from the beginning

As we both arrived at the villa, we drove to the back entry typing in the pin and letting our eyes scan to enter the property.

The villa was secured more than any other building.

We both parked our cars walked towards the two large 16ft. double doors and swung them open roughly exposing our golden-designed hall. 

"Bitch, I said hurry." Isabella said, standing at the entry with two bottles of champagne. Was she really doing this now so early? Lorenzo and I both looked at each other in an instinct shaking our heads negatively, obviously thinking the same thing "she's crazy". Yet we both couldn't help but love her.

Walking in, he went over and gave her a kiss on her forehead, walking past her with his jacket thrown over his shoulder.

"Let me just go over to Antonio. He clearly wanted something." I responded, walking away from her while laughing.

It had been five years since the last time I was on the run.

The night I had met Antonio Russo my life had changed. He was my mentor and a father figure I had never had. He had saved me, for some odd reason, and took me to his mansion giving me a place to stay.

I would always be grateful to him.

After joining, I trained for years, focusing on myself, studying myself, and learning how to get better. I had grown and become more powerful, confident, the girl I was constantly dreaming about.

I had become his best fighter in just a short time period after all the hard work; I was a fast learner and knew what I was doing because of the things I had witnessed in the past.

I had nothing to lose, only to gain.

Everyone doubted me the first time I stepped into the villa, they thought I was too thin, too much to a coward, someone who was going to hold them back, which I did, but not anymore.

Now they hold me back.

I made it my life's goal to prove everyone wrong, to prove that a woman was also capable of being strong emotionally as well as physically, I wanted to prove it to myself much more though.

The city feared the Russo brothers; Antonio Russo the youngest child, André Russo the oldest, and Antony Russo the middle Russo.

For centuries had they been ruling the underground, everyone knew them as the underground government.

But now someone else was in that position.

Their name alone put a lot of terror on people's faces. Everywhere we would go people would stare at us until they would snap their heads away as fast as they could. That night five years ago I had promised myself to never trust again because trust brought me into the situation.

"Sir, may I come in?"

"Yes, take a seat." I heard as I stepped into his pitch-black meeting room, a single chandelier hanging from the top. I walked up to the front seeing him sit on his usual brown leather chair at the head of the table. He pulled a crown bottle out and filed it to the top in front of me, sliding it in my direction.