Chapter Thirty-Seven

Začít od začátku

"I am invited to...Florida?" Sage questioned, and then she held up the invitation to the camera. Which only caused Jade to sigh. "Hm, I got one of them too. I wish I could go this year hun, but my pup still needs to be close. How is Remus taking the news?" 

"He isn't, but he knows that it's a council's order." He saw that Jade was currently on her phone as the camera was anything but stable.

"Unfortunately it is, and although you can't be in attendance. That doesn't mean a Beta female or whoever else you choose can't join Sage." Remus sighed in utter relief, but the young she-wolf looked rightly excited to be going somewhere...little did she know what that rightly meant.

The next day after her class and time in the art studio had she traveled—By truck—to the pack house, only to smell the lurking stress of her mate. "Remus?" 

"He's fine Sage, someone's just going to be an upset pup that you're away for a few days."

She frowned and came closer to her mate, her arms coming to snake around his neck—Only to find herself squealing at a moment's notice because he decided to hold her closer.

"I have to go." 

"I know sweetheart, I'm just trying to decide on the army I want to send you with." Of course confusion hit her, but the others explained it as who was to go with her.

"Brothers." 

"I don't think I'd hear the end of it if you left the state without them hun, Luke and Liam are going with you. But it's a she-wolf event...Perhaps—" Then the group continued to discuss candidates, she heard that Allie and Izzy weren't high enough tier for this type of task.

"Laura." Sage interrupted, blinking and waiting for the males to take in the account of the mentioned she-wolf. "You know, that's not a half-bad suggestion." 

"I want Laura to come." Now looking to her mate did she huff at his lack of response, but he smirked. Sometimes he was never sure if she was getting the logistics and what was going on around her, but here and now just proved that she was.

"You're right Eli, why Laura?" She took the second to gather thoughts before she leaned back to speak. "Laura strong wolf. Sparring, getting stronger." 

"I second the Luna's suggestion, Laura's worked closely with her father and knows the political side that most of the pack looks over," Remus remembered all too soon that there would be some she-wolves holding their anger to Sage because of the pack she is Luna of.

Though having nothing to do with Sage herself, it was simply a matter of previous years, wars, and disagreement.

"She's coming right now, but I agree that she'll know which packs to stay away from. She's your bodyguard munchkin, that means no fights." 

"Why fight?" The Gamma had gained Sage's attention as he offered a kind smile.

"She-wolves aren't always nice Luna. They bite before they even get a word out." Jack chuckled beside the man. 

"It's a room full of Luna's, Beta, Delta, and Gamma Females. They're not just there because they're mated to the Alpha of the pack." She nodded at this information, it made her wolf weary to meet some of her kind, but then Eli turned back in question.

"How many Luna's are Alpha-Females?" This had her ears perk in attention, and Remus shook his head and shrugged. 

"Maybe two, not including Sage...Those I don't think you have to worry about Munchkin, but you have to remember that they aren't your friend. They all won't be like Jade."