𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23: 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬.

꧁𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 23: 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬꧂

Katsuki had his hands hooked at its fingers as his legs bounced up and down anxiously. His eyes were fixed on the steady rising and falling of Izuku's chest, which was the only indicator that he was still alive.

When the blond had first entered the infirmary, looking like an animal, who went feral, the healers, without hesitation, led him to an empty room.

Izuku was quickly changed out of his towel, into a loosely fitted gown, but Katsuki on the other hand, didn't change out of his towel because he refused to leave his side. He eventually did change back to his normal attire, though.

Uraraka was quickly given a summary about what happened, and to say that she was worried for her friend would be an understatement.

If it was possible, Uraraka and the others would be in Izuku's room as well, but they only allowed one person to stay with the greenette, and Katsuki being Katsuki, wanted to be the first person to see him when he wakes up.

That's if he ever wakes up.

The healers had run various tests on Izuku, each one coming up short as it didn't reveal what exactly happened to him. Throughout the test, Izuku had remained asleep.

Katsuki ran a tired hand down his face. It was night time in the village of Brittia. The small room, he and Izuku were in, was illuminated by a small candle on the nightstand beside his bed.

Katsuki didn't know what time it was exactly, but he knew that it was well past midnight, marking this as day seven since Izuku fainted.

"Deku...Izuku, if you can hear me," He held onto the hand that lay limp beside his body, giving it a gentle squeeze. "-I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have reacted that way, back in the Siren's cove. I know I can be an asshole most of the time, and let my emotions take over my sense of reasoning, but if I made it feel like I hated you, I don't. I can never hate you. Do you forgive me?"

Silence followed right after, and Katsuki sighed, letting his head fall on the space, Izuku's body wasn't occupying, his fingers still intertwined with his.

Soon, he felt his eyelids get heavy, and he greets the sleep, that welcomed him, with open arms.

~~

Izuku couldn't make out where he was. Everywhere was pitch black and silent, save for the occasional echoing sound of water dripping onto a surface.

His eyes looked around him. How did he get here? Why was everywhere so dark?

He felt the air around him, expecting to feel any sort of object, like trees or furniture (just incase he was indoors), but he felt nothing but emptiness.

He hugged his arms, a bone chilling shiver running down his spine.

He didn't like this.

"K-Kacchan?"Izuku called out to the blond, in hopes that he would get a response, but the only response he got was the echoing of his own voice.

Then, understanding dawned on him.

Was this death? Did he die? If he is dead, how did he die?

Either way, if this was death, he at least expected some form of light.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

And he also didn't expect to hear water if he was dead. Wait...water? He could hear water dripping onto something. That means he wasn't just in an empty void of nothingness. If he could just follow the sound of the water, maybe he'd be able to find out what exactly happened to him.