Chapter Seventeen

~ The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together ~

"You alright babe?" Alec says lightly shaking me. I groan and open my eyes, it was morning now. "uhuh." I say smiling while I stretch my arms out. "You guys all knocked out, it was hard getting in to bed, plus putting Theo in." Alec says chuckling as he sits at the bottom of the bed by my feet. "How you feeling?" He asks handing me a cup of coffee. "Fine thanks. Where's the boys?" I say smiling as I take it out of his hand. "Well Eli is in his cot, Theo's with the boys in their bedroom. I put him in there quickly while I carried the coffee up." Alec says smiling before continuing. "Spencer and Lynx are gonna Cooper and Jett over to where they used to go when they were younger, Tammy and Bree are going with them aswell." He finishes. "Are the boys going to alright, I mean not to much trouble." I say sitting up. "Yeah they're fine." Alec says kissing my forehead. "Alright I'm gonna get up in a second, I'm hungry." I say smiling. "Alright well I've got a few calls to make, so i'll be in the office for a while. Then I'm gonna go work on these muscles, I've got to keep my Mrs happy. So Lunch? 12:30. Me, you and Theo." Alec says standing up as he walks out the room. "Sure." I say climbing out of bed and covering it neatly. Alec turns around as soon as he reaches the door. "Maybe we can have a little time to ourselves." Alec says smirking, he quickly notices my flushed face then chuckles as he continues walking down the hall.

Minutes later Jett walks in to my room and sits on the bed "Mommy, thank you for hugging Cooper yesterday, he said it made him feel better." Jett says smiling happily. "It's okay hun, you do know Cooper and Theo are gonna be staying with us for a while, so we gotta look after him." I say walking over to my closet and grabbing my dressing gown on, I quickly shrug it on and I turn to face him "I know mommy, I want him to feel like part of the family." Jett says smiling. "Your so nice Jett." I say kissing his forehead softly. "I know I am mommy." Jett says smiling sweetly at me. He hops off the bed, he looks at the door and spots Cooper running past "Bye." Cooper calls quickly looking in "I gotta go mommy." Jett says running to follow Cooper down the stairs, I walk out the bedroom and in to Jett's bedroom, Theo sat on the floor playing with Jett's cars. He turned around to face me and gives me a cheesy smile "Toy." He says holding it out and showing me the red car. "Wow, how cool." I say sitting with him on the floor. "Blue." I say holding up the blue car. "Blue!" He shouts clapping his hands together. "Red." I say holding up the red car. "RRED." He says, I clap my hands together and smile. I pick up the Blue car and I look at him "Blue!" He shouts. "Good boy." I say smiling at him, I then put the Blue car down and I pick up the red car. "Red." He shouts happily. "Yay." I say clapping my hands "Yayy." He says clapping his hands copying me. I drop the cars and I hold my arms out. Theo jumps in to my arms hugging me tightly, I hug him back. I stand up with Theo in my arms. "Do you wanna help me cook lunch?" I ask looking in to his blue eyes. Theo nods smiling. "Great." I say putting him down, I take his hand and I lead him back to my bedroom. I sit him on my bed "Stay right here." I say, he nods, I walk over to my closet and I grab a pair of matching tracksuits and I quickly run in to the bathroom to put it on, I then quickly tie my hair in a messy bun and then I leave the bathroom.

Theo was sitting on my bed staring at the door waiting for me to come out. He smiled as soon as he saw me standing there. "You ready?" I say smiling as I walk towards Eli's cot, I carry him in to one arm securely, I then walk over to the bed and I lift him using my other arm. "Let's go then." I whisper.

I place Theo at the bottom stairs and I quickly walk over to Eli's travel cot next to the kitchen table and then I place Theo on the chair in front of the kitchen counter, I then pull a bowl out the cupboard and I put some flour in it. I used to do this with Jett when he was little. I quickly switch the tap and I put a drop I put the bowl in front of Theo and I roll up his sleeves. Theo puts his hand in the flour and begins making a dough ball. I walk over to the fridge and I open it. What to make? I spot lamb cutlets and a packet of mince. "Theo you want burgers?" I ask looking over my shoulder, he nods.