Mystery Mountain Memories

Start from the beginning

"I'm curious," she shrugged.

"You know what, I'll just tell you the story," he announced.

"Alright" she says excited.

"It all started at the end of our 1st date..."

———Flashback to 5 years ago———-

"That was insane!"Alexis exclaims as she walks home, hand in hand Zack. They had just finished their first date, skydiving. It was obviously Zack's idea that Alexis soon fell in love with.

"I know that was awesome! Maybe we could do this again sometime," Zack asks hopefully.

"Skydiving? It was fun but maybe we can do something else" She suggested.

"No a date" He says.

"Ohhhh of course! We are dating aren't we? But for now, let's just keep us secret right?" Alexis says worriedly.

"I couldn't agree more." Zack sighs in relief.

"You think maybe one day we can tell them we're dating?" Alexis wonders.

"Uhhhh I don't know Lex-"

"You could be a PJ mask and we could work together to stop villains," she cuts him off, smiling widely at the thought.

"I'm not sure..."

"Greg and Luna worked it out and she's a PJ mask now," Alexis pleads.

"Yeah but they were different," he tries to reason.

How exactly are they different? She asks skeptically.

"Being a villain is all I've ever known. If I were to be friends with the people I'm supposed to hate...wouldn't that be awkward?" He cringes at the thought.

"Not if you say your sorry" she says.

"But I'm not goodey-goodey. I'm not constantly nice and always looking to compliment others. It's just not me. I'm...mean" he sighs.

"Zack you're anything but mean. Your a good person. Being a hero doesn't require you to be nice all the time. It has its ups and downs but sticking through the bad times is what matters most" Alexis tries to convince him.

"Okay maybe one day we can tell everyone just not now," he admits, smiling at her speeches

"I understand, and I won't force you," she says calmly.

"Do you ever want to become a hero?" she questions.

"It would be weird fighting with them after fighting against them all my life," he laughs at the thought. "When Luna became a hero, all the other villains looked to her as a traitor. I don't want them to think the same of me. Especially when they look up to me..."

"You make a good point. It's your decision and I'll stand by you no matter what", she says as they reach the top of mystery mountain.

"Goodnight Lex," he smiles at her as she releases her grip from his hand.

"Thank you for everything Zack," she kisses his cheek before closing the door to her home. Once night ninja walked home, he immediately jumped into bed after a long night of walking.

"Ninjalinos, do you know where my phone is?"

One of them run up and hands him is phone. He was scrolling through his phone he found a picture of the pj masks on social media. Their most recent fight was yesterday against Romeo. They won, of course. Maybe being a hero wouldn't be so bad...He thought to himself.

He immediately texted Alexis.

Zack: R u still up?
Alexis: yeah U ok?
Zack: I was just thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be a hero...I think
Alexis: when I look at you, I don't see a mean person who likes to steal. Your really sweet.
Zack: I don't know...what would the others say?
Alexis: It doesn't matter what they say, or if they accept you or not. What matters is how you feel about yourself. Do you want to be a hero?
Zack: I think so.
Alexis: That's alright you don't have to decide now just remember that I'll accept you for whatever choice you end up choosing.
Zack: Thank you
Alexis: Your welcome
Zack: Night
Alexis: Goodnight
~~~~~~~~~~Back to Reality~~~~~~~~~~
"Then that morning I decided that I wanted to be a hero," he explained finishing the story.

"Interesting. So if I never brought up the becoming-a-hero conversation. It never would have happened?"

"Probably not," he laughs.

"Well I'm glad your a hero now," she gives him a bear hug.

"Me too," he hugs her back.