Chapter Twenty

Syllable For The Day - 'Wifey'

-----

ALAN'S POV

"You b*tch! How the hell did you dare touch my husband like that?!" Kiera yelled and pushed the woman back with full force.

In the entire situation, the word 'husband' rang in my ears and my heart went all weird.

"I wasn't trying to! And you b*tch!" The woman yelled on Kiera. Kiera was about to jump on that woman and in an instinct, I immediately caught Kiera by her waist and pulled her back. Her back collided with my chest in a force.

As if she knew it was me, she halted completely. 

"Era, don't," I said to her and she just took deep breaths. I kept my hold on her and the manager immediately rushed towards us. 

"Mr Chadwick, sorry to cause you to have been stepping into this ruckus. I'll manage it." He said and I huffed. Even after the entire attire, I was still recognized. 

"Bill it, now," I ordered them because I was really angry. I hated such situations. I liked my calm atmosphere. 

"Sir, I request you both sit in the cabin. I'll settle everything here. Also, I apologize Mrs Chadwick. I'll give you a special discount." He said to Kiera. I felt like he was putting me down.

"No need. Add 2 tubs of Mint Chocolate and bill it." I answered and walked towards the direction a worker was guiding us. I then realized that Kiera was very quiet this whole time and also that my hand was resting on her waist.

I wanted to pull out, but with the crowd watching us it wouldn't be a good idea. We were finally in the cabin and had some privacy. I immediately retracted my hand back and calmed my erratic heart.

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked when I was back in control. She looked really red and I couldn't fathom the reason for it.

"Alan, you were really manly out there. I was so lost in your charm." She said without thinking much, cause the next moment, her face turned even redder. 

"I mean...thank you. I didn't realise that you were such a big name? Heh. I shouldn't have caused you such trouble. It could ruin your reputation. I'm sorry." She said and looked away. 

"Era, it's fine. You were brave." I told her and she looked in my eyes. Her earlier expressions lost and she looked fierce.

"I had to be. You have no idea what kind of people walk in society and how rude they can be. I used to be innocent too. But, thanks to Eva, she taught me not to let people walk over you. So, I tell you the same thing, if something wrong happens, you should fight back and not cower to it. However big or small it occurs." She told me and I had a small smile on my face. 

Kiera was really innocent in a different way. She was telling me to be aware of "mean" people and to look at that it was indeed good advice but I was a businessman, a top one at that.

I dealt with so many people and worse than what she must've but she was still concerned about 'a woman breaking the queue' kind of mean people.

Being in the business world, it was a necessity to judge people to know about the deals you could make to them.

On the contrary, I had learned that on my own. Even Alex had never actually told me anything about it. Because he knew, that I was already aware.

And here was Kiera.

No one in my life had ever told me anything in such a concerned way. Jason was very casual and usually, his talks involved women and business.

I never had any personal talk with anyone in my life or had a moment when I was learning about people through someone else.