Are We Friends?

Jordan

There is a feeling. Not so strong yet, but I can sense it gaining power. Ever since the first day of school, I've had this feeling for Star when I looked at her eyes. But I don't wanna act like it. I know this can't have a good ending. Two friends falling in love in middle school, if sounds like by the end of this year, we'll be enemies. I don't wanna do that. I want to at least keep a friendship between us.

Tomorrow is her birthday, she's not having a party though. She's been so helpful in the last few days, I should defiantly get her a gift. I walk to my mom. "Mom, can you take me out to buy a gift for my friends birthday?" I ask her.

"Of coarse sweety, what's his name?" His? That explains how often I talk to my mom.

"Ugh, it's a her, first of all, and her name is Star" I feel red because I know my mom will think we're dating.

"So, you wanna buy a gift for your girlfriend?" I knew it... She looks at me with a puzzled smile.

"NO, NOT GIRLFRIEND!!! She's just my friend and she's helped me a lot these past few days and it's her birthday so can you just take me and help me find a good hing for her?"

My sister bursts with laughter. My brother gives me a kind of seductive eyes. My mom is giggling. I regret every bit of this conversation. "You know what, forget it, I'll just go and find her something on my own!" I take some money that I've been saving out of my room, borrow my brothers keys, and sprint out the door... Hopefully I find her something good.
-------------------------------------------------------

Star

As I walk to the bus stop, I see Jordan waiting for me at the bus stop. He lives a block away and since our bus driver is too lazy, he makes us gather from 3 to even 4 blocks away to the interception of two roads, I walk about a block to the right. Jordan lives near the interception so he doesn't walk far, and no one else lives in this damed neighborhood. Well, Ashly does, but she is the "popular girl." Her parents are so rich that everyday, she drives to school in a limo.

"Hey, happy birthday" he hands me a small bag. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much, I didn't expect you to give me anything!" I haven't gotten a birthday gift in two years. Yes two. We moved to NY a week before my birthday so I really didn't have a party either.

I was so happy. No one else made me feel so happy in years. I couldn't help but hug him. He hugs me back, like normal friends. "Open the gift. Hope you like it" he says. I see a smile on his face. I open the bag. 3 beanies, 5 random brackets, some candy, and a letter. "I couldn't have asked for more! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" I scream that last part...

The bus arrives. We talk until we're in school, then first period.
-------------------------------------------------------

Jordan

She hugged me. Tied her hands around me. Her skin touched mine. We, for the first time, made physical contact. I think I'm way to young to love, but I don't care. I think... I think... I think I love her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ohio! That's good morning in Japanese, I'm not Japanese though... I just know that...

Anyways, I'm just gonna load you people up with some chapters so if you actually like it, you won't be left hanging! I think one more or two more chapters tonight then I'll try my best to do one or two chapters a day!

Ps. Next chapter is gonna have a huge time skip so again, I will be borrowing ThatHoosierWriter idea of ~Le Time Skipe~
**She's amazing go check her out!**

Hope you enjoy! Love all your little reading eyes! ♥️♥️♥️