PROLOGUE

The cold air hit my face as soon as I opened the bathroom door and stepped out in only a towel

The cold air hit my face as soon as I opened the bathroom door and stepped out in only a towel. I didn't have time to think about it twice, I rushed out of the bathroom and hurried to my bedroom, frantically searching for my ringing phone. I knew it was ringing from my room, but my ears seemed to be no help at all when I thought I heard it from the left side of my bed whilst it was on the complete opposite of my room. I ran to my desk where my phone actually was and answered as soon as I got my hand on it.

"Hello?" I spoke, out of breath from all the rushing and stress I just went through.

"Woah, am I interrupting something?" The voice on the other end of the phone laughed, obviously referring to me being out of breath. Knowing them, I was pretty sure they had something sexual in the back of their mind.

"No, Mike." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me, regaining my breath a little before speaking again, "What's up?" I ran my fingers through my hair, groaning when they got stuck in knots. I put him on speakerphone and went back to the bathroom.

"Crys' asked me to tell you she was coming over soon." He spoke, mumbling some curse words under his breath about some fight he lost - I figured by the background noise that he was playing some type of video games at the same time. "And that was, well," He paused, "About twenty minutes ago so she should be there to pick you up in about five minutes."

I groaned loudly, hurriedly brushing the knots in my hair as I spoke, "Couldn't you have lead with that? I'm obviously not ready yet and she's going to kill me." It was usual for Michael to forget to pass on messages and only do them last minute so I wasn't actually surprised. But Crystal probably had a list of thing to do today and I had to be ready on time or else it wouldn't be too pretty for me.

"Yes she is. Maybe if you wouldn't have stayed up so late with Luke-" I cut him off.

"Shut up. I slept just fine, I was just lazy this morning and spent too much time in the shower." I grumbled, walking over to my wardrobe to find an appropriate outfit for today. I knew he was right and that he knew he was right, too. It was no use to lie to him about the actual reason why I overslept, it was always the same reason.

"I bet I can guess why your shower took so long." Michael laughed at his own joke as I scoffed and shook my head.

"You are disgusting." I was cut off by the bell ringing, "I'd love to scold you some more, but I gotta go - the Missus is coming to kill me, thanks to you." I sarcastically told him, biding him goodbye before I hung up. After letting out a few curse words under my breath, I put my phone down and grabbed the closest black skinny jeans I could find. I shimmied into them until the waistband fit perfectly on my hips and grabbed a random shirt in my closet, then put my denim jacket on. I rushed down the stairs, my phone and purse in hand. I dropped them next to the stairs and unlocked the door - allowing Crystal to walk in as I tucked the surprisingly long shirt I was wearing inside my jeans. I glanced down at it, wondering why it was so large on me. It had Los Angeles Raiders written on it and I shrugged to myself - not remembering when I bought that.