💠Special #10💠

Just a heads up but reader and Muichirou is slightly aged up because I don't think I'd feel comfortable writing a special where a 14 year old is doing drugs (。ŏ_ŏ).

Also I do not support anything negative I've written down there because depression is not a joke. It's not some "made up" disease, it's real and people with it should seek help.

Requested by Anonymous.

Drabble: "I'd probably laugh at myself if I was in your shoes."

In which (Y/n) suffers a familial loss.

+++

"What?" you asked, your eyes widening and your hands trembled as you held onto Tengen's uniform. "Can you repeat that?"

Tengen held a downcast expression, clearly not wanting to tell you this either. Wishing it was nothing more than a joke.

"(L/n) Hiro died during a mission when Upper Moon Four joined the scene," he continued, "With his passing, you are being promoted as the new Dream Pillar."

But life wasn't that nice.

(Like a certain author (*'▽'*)♪ ).

"Uzui-san, this is a joke right?" you asked. Never in a million years would you expect someone as great as your brother to die. So this must be a joke. "Nii-san is alive and is recovering in Shinobu-san's Estate, right?" you asked again, when Tengen gave you no reply tears started to well up in the side of your eyes. "It's just a joke, right?"

He stared at you with eyes full of sadness before he looked down, finally saying, "I'm sorry Chibi."

The moment Tengen said it was the moment it sunk in. Your brother, who you respected to and looked up to, was dead at the hands of Upper Moon Four. What would your parents say? No, they probably already know.

"So nii-san is dead?" you spoke, slowly lowering your gaze to look at the ground, the tears falling but that was the least of your concerns. "He's never coming back?"

Your feet slowly gave out and your knees met the ground, your arms just hung loosely as you couldn't think straight. His death was too sudden that it felt surreal.

"Chibi..." Tengen whispered, he tried to say something to comfort you but he wasn't the person for this situation. He didn't know what to say.

•••

"Thanks Mitsuri-san! The mochi was delicious." You smiled. "Let's go again sometime."

"O-of course (Y/n)-chan," Mitsuri replied, she gave you a smile that held pity. It had been a month since Hiro died and you seemed better but she couldn't bring herself to think so. There was just something she couldn't quite place her finger on.

"I'll go to the bathroom real quick, so just excuse me." You excused yourself before heading over to the bathroom, making sure you were alone before locking it.

You immediately headed to the toilet, throwing up the food you ate a while ago.

Recently, you became unable to stomach anything but as to not worry the others, you forced it down and looked for a chance to use the bathroom to throw it all up.

You flushed it and headed over to the sink, washing your mouth to get rid of that repulsive smell. You looked at the reflection in the mirror, laughing at how pathetic you've become.

"If you saw me now, would you laugh at me nii-san?"

As expected, there was no answer.

"I'd probably laugh at myself if I was in your shoes," you whispered to yourself, smiling as you got out of the bathroom. Erasing all traces that could lead to you throwing up.