✨Fourth Dream✨

Stirring ever so slightly, you got up. You got up and looked through the window to see the sun was preparing to rise. It seems you didn't sleep for very long, but that was to be expected, you didn't have your incense sticks with you after all.

You didn't want to cause any trouble so you just laid in bed until the sun was up. A multitude of people came flooding in and thanked you once again as they kowtowed, they really seem to have a knack for apologizing.

"Aside from the injured at the clinic right now, is there anyone missing? If so, then please speak up," you asked, you had no time to check if there were casualties or not since you got poisoned. Thanks to that, you didn't even get to dream.

A young boy, who couldn't been more than 12 raised his hand, "My grandpa, the chief. He died defending me." Tears welled up in his eyes as he said this.

You couldn't help but pity him, he lost his only family and now he has to become the next chief since the former chief died. "Im sorry, if only I arrived earlier," you said, kowtowing to the boy. Though there was nothing you could've done since you knew late, you still felt responsible since it was your job to ensure their safety.

"Please don't that! You've already done is a huge favour by saving us!" he said, helping you up as you retrieved the tiny pouch by the side of the bed you slept in and pulled out a magenta colored incense stick.

"Then this is all I can offer. Write your loved one or loved ones name/s on a piece of paper and burn it in that incense stick before going to sleep."

You didn't know where those instructions came from but they were there in your head, it was a shame you couldn't do it on yourself.

You ready had that power anyway, so things were fine.

"Thank very much," he said, putting it away for now. "That aside, how are your injuries?" you remembered getting poisoned but you felt fine, in fact your body felt lighter than before.

"I feel fine." He nodded at your words, taking in a deep breath as he placed a hand on his chest.

"Thank goodness, that poison is native to this area so we know how to deal with it."

After a lunch, where you were guilt tripped to stay for, you headed home. It was still early when you arrived but you didn't get enough sleep in the village, so you wanted to rest. You lit up a few of your incense sticks, five to be exact, and waited a few minutes until you fell asleep.

......Sleep......

A young girl was in deep in the forest, crying her eyes out as she couldn't find the way home. She didn't know how long it's been but it was already nightfall and the sound of the distant howling noises and screeches scared her. She was to afraid to move, she knew nothing of this forest, she could easily get killed.

"Hey, are you alright?" She looked up, her face tear stricken, to see a young boy. She could tell he was about her age.

"No. I got lost and I don't know how to get out," she confessed to him as he squatted in front of her.

"Then let's go." He held his hand out to her but she was reluctant.

"I've been told to not follow strangers."

Even in a moment like this, if the boy in front of her looked nice, he could easily be someone wanting to hurt her.

"Oh, okay. In that case I'm..." he introduced himself. "What about you?"

"It's ......." she introduced.