Chapter 4 The Deep

Biff had arrived to Crystal Sands. She had found out that the wolf's name was Jay. "Hi, Jay!" She greeted.

"Hi, Biff!" No one was at Crystal Sands except Biff and Jay. Everyone else was in the small Juice Hut beside the warm, exotic land. "Wanna get something to drink before we relax on the beach?" Jay questioned.

"Sure!" Biff and Jay went into the juice hut, leaving the whole beach to the plankton, fish, whales, and crabs.

Everyone saw that it was Biff and stopped moving, laying all eyes on her. Seconds later, they all yelled. "BIFF!!!"

Biff chuckled, then spoke. "Hello. Me and Jay are here to order some smoothies."

The cheetah at the desk spoke. "Of course! Which kind?" They both pointed to the yellow square.

"Banana, please!" Biff and Jay requested. She made the shake, then passed it to them.

They went back out onto the beach. "Well, the sun is starting to go down. The plankton will come soon!" Biff explained.

"Are you gonna plan on swimming all the way out? Apparently you can see whales if you go far enough. It's very deep, and if you look down all you can see are rays of light in the water, but no ground. The ground is about a thousand feet down! And you can hear the calls of the whales." Jay told her.

"Wow that's awesome! It would be scary if there was something else, other than whales. Like some kind of leviathan."

"Yeah. The water's pretty warm, it won't hurt to go deep. So will you be coming?"

"Well, of course!"

The sun started setting, so Biff and Jay got into the water. The water was not cold; It was nice, summer water. "Well. You ready?" Jay questioned.

"Yes." Biff replied. They both dunked in, and passed the aquarium.

"We gotta swim so fast that we chase the sun!" Jay insisted.

"Okay! But after we can't touch anymore, shall we take our time?"

"Definitely!" The two animals continued swimming. They couldn't touch anymore, and the sun had almost drowned in the ocean waves, carrying itself to the other side of the world where the other animals must awake. "Biff! Look! Bioluminescence!" Jay pointed out.

"Wow! It's so pretty. Like stars lighting the water since the sun can't any longer." Biff explained in awe.

"I know. A replacement of a thousand suns." Multiple plankton started lighting up the water as Jay said that.

"Heh, more like a million suns." Biff observed.

About an hour later, they could no longer see the island of Jamaa.
"Shhh... listen." Biff whispered. There were the calls of colossal whales beneath the calm ocean waves.

"Wow... a whole pod it sounds like..." Jay added.

"Yeah..."

"Well... wanna take a break from swimming? We're about as deep as it gets." Jay suggested. Biff's heart jumped. She was in water a thousand feet deep! She didn't like considering the thought of what may be down there. She just wanted to stay calm.

"Yeah. A break would be good." Biff replied, shivering a bit at the thought.

"Biff, I can't believe... well... I can't believe I'm actually hanging out with an alpha. And... maybe even... friends?" Jay questioned bashfully.

"Yes! It would be amazing if you become an alpha. Though, Greely would not be happy with another wolf on his team. He likes staying solitary, unless he's with Gilbert." Biff explained.

"Me? An alpha? Oh please. I could never become an alpha. It's against the code to have to alphas of the same species!" Jay murmured.

"Yeah, I guess that is true... but hey, we can still be friends!" Biff reminded.

"Yep!" Jay yipped.

It had been another hour, and Biff and Jay started swimming back.

Finally, they had reached the shore. "Wanna get one more drink? Biff asked.

"Of course!" They both went into the Juice Hut. They ordered another drink, then sat down. They watched some animals play music at the stage for a few hours. Biff saw the time on the wall; 1:57 A.M.

"OH, FOR THE LOVE OF MIRA! I need to contact the other alphas! It's almost two in the morning!" Biff exclaimed.

"AHHH! We've been hanging out for almost nine hours!" Jay yowled.

Biff nodded anxiously and walked up to the waiter. "Miss, May I use the phone?"

"Of course!" The cheetah replied.

Biff thanked her and called the alphas and was on the phone for about five minutes. She ended with "Thanks so much, guys! You're the best!"

"Well?" Jay was fidgeting with her claws on the table.

"They won't be needing me until tomorrow morning! So we get a whole other day to hang out!"