778

It was all going so well for Vik. Their wedding had gone magnificently. It was the biggest event to ever occur between two people in all the universes. They had the world's largest, tallest wedding cake. Since it was all in Harry's imagination, they could eat it and never run out. They could even wake up without a stomach ache. Every night after that was a honeymoon. A new made up place each dream where they could make their own memories together.

All his life, Vik had been so nervous about this test. Studying extra, and assisting his teachers with projects all so he could ace this moment with flying colors. It always had him so uptight. But... as soon as he met Harry the taught strings that made him so stressed were unraveled. All the anxiety melted every time he looked into Harry's illuminating eyes. 

It was like he forgot why he was there in the first place.

And that's the problem.

Some sort of lump had formed in Harry whilst Vik was busy being distracted in Harry's head. Vik is pacing worried sick about his lover who was in the middle of surgery right now. Luckily, the doctor said they caught it early so it could easily be removed and nothing to worry about. Still, it was Vik's fault for letting the led build up in his human in such a way. He's supposed to be healing him, not hurting him. He got off lucky this time, nothing major. Vik is normally so organized and smart, stupid stuff like mushy emotions don't typically affect him like this.

He realizes he must stay focused and out of Harry's dreams. 

Which isn't going to be that hard because for the past few days JJ has gone missing. He hasn't been responding to Vik. Which the healer found slightly concerning. He remembers JJ muttering something Simon once. Hopefully everything was okay back home. Perhaps JJ had enough of Vik's shenanigans. Or, worse, he got caught. 

Vik shook his head. Still, he can't be getting distracted by anything or anyone regardless of what may be going on with his friends.

It's more important that Harry survives than for Vik to be happy. He promises to never leave the ill boy's side again until he's healed.

~

The flower wilts.

He can feel himself slipping in and out of the world. 

Why did this have to happen to him? All he was doing was trying to help Josh. The name still gives him a happy tingling sensation amongst the aching in his heart. Simon knows Josh wasn't faking it. Josh would never smile or laugh all for a giant, cruel prank. But... if it was a prank, why would he hurt Simon in such a way? He longs for the way things were before. Maybe even before he brought Josh into his life.

Simon trudges down the hall as if he's walking through peanut butter. The radiating pain in his chest only grew more each day. For the first time ever, he felt... depressed. His vision got hazy.

JJ notices Simon no longer beside him. He whips around to see Simon's eyelids flutter close. His whole body goes limp. JJ lunges forward to catch the lifeless body.

"Simon?" his voice cracks. 

No response.

The stars in JJ's eyes fade away. They become cloudy.

 JJ's breath quickens as panic consumes his mind. The delicate child lies drooped over his shaking arms. Knowing he needs help immediately, JJ picks up his friend bridal style. He carries his precious cargo to the Healer's office in the school. All he was trying to do was protect Simon and he failed.

He wants to cry but he must remain strong.