Surprises [Oliver Polanski]

Start from the beginning

"Do you have to, though?" He asked, slightly deflated at the prospect of ending their night.

"Uh—We can still meet sometime again." (Y/n) cajoled him like a kid.

"Oh, when will I see you again then?"

"I guess I'll surprise you Oliver Polanski." Oliver was stunned as (Y/n) said that, placed a kiss on his cheek and turned away, swiftly disappearing in the crowd.

"Well son, wasn't that the granddaughter of Pamela (L/n)?" Oliver groaned as his mother walked up to him. He hated when she poked her nose in his potential dating affairs.

"She was." He sighed.

"Well her family is loaded. I'd love to combine our businesses."

"Oh, not this again! Please Momie..." He tried to dodge his mother for the rest of the function, wondering why he didn't just walk (Y/n) to her car.

***

It had been three weeks since the exhibition and Oliver Polanski was becoming fidgety and restless. He hadn't heard from (Y/n) since the evening and he wondered if she was deliberately avoiding her.

"Oliver did the sculptures come back from restoration?" Oliver hummed as his mother asked him the question, pointedly looking at his disinterest in work.

"OLIVER!"

"YES? Oh, sorry Momie... Yes, the statues came back from restoration. I have sent them to the meeting hall for the meeting." He sat up straighter in his chair, letting the blood flow in his numb legs.

"Good. Now why don't you check the arrangements for the meeting? Has Sophie prepared the presentation—?"

"Momie is it necessary for me to be present in this meeting? I don't feel very good today..." He could already feel a headache mounting so it wasn't a complete lie.

Mrs. Polanski looked at her son fixedly for a few minutes, then sighed. "Okay, I guess. Take these if the headache increases."

Oliver gratefully accepted the medicine and waited for his mother to leave before popping them quickly. He closed his laptop and got up from his office chair. He settled on the bigger recliner kept by the balcony of his room and closed his eyes lulling to sleep. He was on the brink of falling asleep when he heard the door to his office creak open. There was the clicking sound of heels.

Sophie's brought more work!!! The green haired male thought to himself, getting panicked. But the woman didn't stop by his office table. She stopped behind his recliner and two soft hands covered his eyes. He inhaled the fresh scent of perfume and a voice spoke beside his ear. "Guess who?"

"(Y/n)!" Oliver opened his eyes and stood up so quickly.

Standing beautiful as ever was (Y/n) dressed in fashionable imitation jewelry, blue blazer, shirt, ripped jeans and black stilettos. Her hair was pulled up in a loose, casual bun and Oliver thought he had never seen anyone sexier.

"Will you say something or keep staring?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Just... Just taking in the surprise." Oliver stammered.

"Told you I'd surprise you!" She said animatedly.

"Well I should say I liked your surprise!" He said. "A lot. But I think you'll like mine even more."

"You're giving me a surprise?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"I am. Come, we are going on a lunch!" (Y/n) easily placed her hand in his as he led her out of the building and into his car. They chatted while Oliver drove to his family restaurant he used to manage as a teenager.