Chapter 12

What should I do?

Oh right! Get ready.

I took a shower and blow dried my hair while scrolling through pinterest for outfit ideas.

I took out a bunch of clothes to mix and match and went out a couple of times to ask my mom for fashion advice.

"How about this, mom?" I said asked for the nth time.

"I think you took out all of your clothes already. Honey, I told you everything looks good on you." My mom said trying to convice to just pick an outfit already.

I sighed. Why am I even trying so hard I when I could literally slay any outfit?

"Just wear what your comfortable in. You're my daughter, you'll look beautiful in anything."

"And my daughter too." My dad added as he arrived home.

"Hey dad." I kissed him on his cheek.

"What's the problem here? Who among my girls don't feel beautiful today? Hm?" Dad when to kiss mom too.

"It's not me dad, it's this lady right here." Mom said referring to me.

"Really, mom? Our baby has always been confident, what happened?" I just stayed silent.

Mom and dad looked at each other and dad said. "I think our baby is conscious because she's going out alone with Haruto today." I lift my head at what he said.

I think dad's right. "Come here." I went to my dad and he hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

"Dad duties on first date problems."

"Dad, it's not a date." I said in denial. Both of my parents chuckled.

"It is."

I stayed quiet waiting for more than just 'it is.'

"Haruto asked permission from us if he can start courting you."

I thought time stopped for a while. I was so surprised that I broke off our hug. "What? When?" I can't believe it.

Haruto? My bestfriend Watanabe Haruto, will court me? Did I hear it right or was I just dreaming?

"Last week. He's such a great guy for asking permission first."

"Then...What did you say?" I asked.

"Yes, of course." Dad replied and mom gave me a thumbs up.

I don't know what to feel. Should I feel betrayed because Haruto didn't tell me? Aish, this boy.

I just know that I feel happy and relieved as of that moment so I smiled to myself.

"Now go finish up already, Haruto might get here any minute now."

I ran back to my room and jumped in excitement. I wasted too much time there just being a happy cloud.

I checked the time and it was already 4:11pm. Haruto might actually come earlier than 5pm because that's just how he is.

I just followed my mom's advice not because she told me to but because I think she's right.

I ended up wearing a pink hoodie with white t-shirt underneath. I paired with black ripped skinny jeans, white socks and black sneakers.

I put on tint on my cheeks and lips just so I won't look too pale. I sprayed perfume and put few things in my small backpack.

"Kai, Haruto is here!" I got excited right away. I rushed downstairs and almost forgot my cap. I was adviced to wear a cap when I go out in public without my parents because people might recognize me from my viral video.

I immediately stopped when I saw Haruto holding his pink cap, wearing a gray hoodie and a white shirt underneath, black pants and his Converse.

"Did you guys plan this? You're wearing almost the same clothes." Mom asked looking at us from head to toe.

"No, he copied me!" I said first before Haruto could start defending himself.

"What? That's not true." Haruto said defending himself. He looks cute though.

"Ugh, I'm gonna go ch—" I was cut off by dad.

"Kai, you'll miss the bus if you'll still go and change. Also, you already took too much time just to find the right clothes for today right?" My eyes widened.

I crinkled my nose. I can't believe my dad said that when Haruto is here. I even heard him chuckle softly.

"Wait, let me take a photo of you." Mom went to find a camera in their room. Haruto suddenly pulled out his phone and said "Look here."

I stood straight. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he suddenly put him arm around me and making me look at his hand on my shoulder.

I lightly slapped his arm. "Okay, okay, one more." Haruto said and placed his elbow on my shoulder and his hand on my head.

I can feel my cheeks heat up, I'm probably red as a tomato right now. I covered my face with my cap and the sound of the camera clicked.

My mom also took a photo of us with her instax and we both posed in peace sign.

"You guys go ahead already. Take care both of you, okay?"

I went closer to my mom and kissed her. Dad also kissed me on the forehead and pat Haruto's shoulder as they walked us to the door.

"Haruto, take care of my baby. She could be really clumsy." Dad said before  we finally left the house.

"Like he doesn't know that." Mom added and they both laughed. Haruto laughed too.

They're teasing me a bit extra today.

:)

:)