"Do you want some coffee? I'm gonna make some coffee." I said haphazardly as I beelined for the keurig, shuffling through the snack bags as the machine whirred to life.
"Um, maybe just a tea is okay." Elliot said softly,

"You got it big guy." I said without thought, and gestured to the drawer with all the options.
"Diana!" Someone called from behind me, and I grabbed a bag of plain chips before turning, popping them open into Peaches's face.

"Yo." I deadpanned, shoveling a couple of chips into my mouth, reveling in their texture.
"Are you stoned?" She hissed at me, peering at my eyes. I nodded enthusiastically.
"This is Elliot." I said around my chips, shoveling more into my mouth and gesturing offhandedly to my friend. Peaches looked the boy up and down before smiling sweetly, putting out a hand.
"I'm Peaches." She cooed, "And Diana, don't talk with your mouth full." She smacked my arm, and I balked, choking a little. Elliot held out my coffee wordlessly, and I took it with a gracious look, sipping it greedily. I could feel the heat of the drink all the way to my stomach, and it was a pleasant, almost erotic feeling. I sighed happily, and finally looked to Peaches again, who was glancing between the two of us expectedly.

'Uh- Elliot's the one who helped me with Potions." I tried, hoping that's what she was looking for.
"Potions! So is that what you're into?"
"Um," Elliot seemed unsure of the situation, and I gestured to one of the couches that had just emptied, before meandering over to claim it, happily settling in with my chips and coffee. The three followed as Elliot explained that it wasn't necessarily that he liked potions, it's just that he was better at it than I was.

"Which isn't saying much." He said in an even tone, and Peaches giggled at the look I gave him, choosing to sit on the floor facing us instead of the couch.

"How was your nap, babe?" I asked her lightly, and Peaches sighed happily.
"Good. I wasn't woken up by anyone."
"That's good. Have any prophetic dreams?"
"Not this time."
I hummed, sipping my coffee, slipping my phone out of my pocket and glancing at the screen. There'd been some texts in the group chat that I had missed, and a couple more from Judas. Something inside of me squirmed, and I checked Judas's messages first, but they were just a couple of memes and asking if I was doing anything tonight.
I replied with a simple 'yeah i think so', and proceeded to look at the group chat. Peaches had asked what people were doing, Juliet said they'd gotten the alc, Wilda said they'd be back in about an hour or so. While reading, and offhandedly nodding as a cue that I was listening to the conversation between Peaches and Elliot, which I definitely wasn't, my phone buzzed. It was a text from 'Maybe: George'. It just said 'yo'.

I bit my cheek, and clicked my phone to sleep, spinning it in my hand as I contemplated how long I'd wait to answer. Should I wait to answer?

"Peaches?" I said, and she looked at me, seeming upset that I'd interrupted her. "Dude, George texted me. What do I do?"
"He what?" She exclaimed, now claiming the space that had appeared between Elliot and I as they two had been talking, her blonde curls bouncing as she did so. "Let me see, let me see."
I opened the messages app, and tilted the phone her way. But she grabbed it from me, as Peaches had a tendency to do, and opened the message immediately.
"Yo? That's it?"
I shrugged. Elliot peered over her shoulder too, and I noted how quiet he'd gotten since she'd appeared. Maybe he was shy.

Or maybe he's stoned, another part of my brain said.

"Yeah, that's it. Do I reply?"

"Well, you've already opened the message." Elliot pointed out, and I groaned.
"God, Peaches, why'd you open it. Now I have to respond!"
"Well, you were going to respond regardless. Tell him how cute and lovely your friend Peaches is."
"You have a thing for George?" Elliot asked Peaches directly. She caught his eye with an impish look.
"Doesn't everyone?" She said innocently, and Elliot seemed to retreat back into himself. "Anyway, it's more of a status thing. Could you imagine the clout you'd get from fucking a Weasley twin?"

"I didn't know they were so popular." Elliot muttered. I glanced at him, giving an amused look. He seemed a little put out by the whole interaction.
"They glowed up over the summer, it seems." I admitted.
"So you do like Fred!" Peaches cried, and I rolled my eyes.
"What's with you suddenly trying to push me towards Fred?"
"Wait, you don't know?" Elliot asked, and I looked at him as Peaches made a shushing motion.
"Know what?" I asked, looking between the two of them. Elliot gave Peaches a quizzical look before trying to continue, which Peaches stopped by slapping a hand over his mouth.
"Know nothing! He's obviously just, so high." She said anxiously, with a nervous laugh. I looked at the two of them for a moment, before sort of forgetting what was going on.

"So are you going to reply to the text?" Elliot asked when he finally got Peaches's hand off his mouth.
"Um, yeah I guess."

Peaches handed the phone back to me, and I typed out a simple 'yo' in return. The typing bubble popped up immediately. Peaches gasped in my ear.
"He was waiting." She whispered dramatically.

'Are you friends with ina?' was the next message.

Peaches and I groaned in unison.
"What? What happened?" Elliot said, startled by our reaction.
"Fucking Ina." Peaches was muttering, sinking back into the couch and crossing her arms, pouting childishly. It was cute. But I felt the same.
"Who's Ina?" Elliot asked, looking between the two of us.
"Ugh! Ina's this girl..." I looked around the common room, to make sure she wasn't around somewhere, then continued in a softer voice, leaning closer to Elliot, "-she's this Hufflepuff who's like 'sooooooo sweeeeeeet' to guys all the time, but a total bitch to any girls around her. But guys never fucking realize, because she's so cute and has huge tits and shit."
"I hate her!" Peaches seethed, sliding down a little, "She's so skinny and pretty and blonde and annoying! I hate her!"
"I thought you don't like hating on other women?" Elliot asked me pointedly, and I sighed, leaning back a little and raising to a normal volume.
"Yeah, I don't, but I also don't appreciate when women purposefully put other women down to seem more 'chill' or 'attractive' to guys."
"Pick me girls." Peaches supplied, and I nodded, pointing at her in agreement.
"Yeah, yeah Ina's a pick me girl."

"So why would George Weasley be asking about her?" Elliot asked, and I shrugged, looking at Peaches for help again.
"He's probably super into her. He probably thinks she's so cute and chill or some shit. I bet he met her like, once, and now is totally in love with her."
I laughed a little, but Peaches's face remained angry, and I nudged her with my knee.
"Okay, okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe he's asking for someone else. I'll just say no. Simple and easy."

'Not really' was how I replied. The bubble popped up again.

'Ok nvm' he said back.

"See? Easy." I waved the phone at Peaches. "Yeah, but why was he asking about her!' She cried, flopping her arms down dramatically.

"Well, we can ask him tonight, can't we?" 

inertia || a Fred Weasley love storyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara