Phone Call Number 2

Sighing, Luke closed his eyes once he realised he hadn't blinked for about two minutes. He had been staring at the ceiling for about a day, lost completely in his own thoughts. The problem was, he had no one to pull him back down to the real world, where he had to eat and drink.

For the hundredth time in the past twenty four hours, Luke flashbacked to the conversation he had had with Lily yesterday.

As soon as he had realised he was talking to the person who had read the scraps of his torn up life, he had hung up. He had thought he was ready, but when faced with the actual situation, he had realised he wasn't. Just thinking about the conversation made his heart race with adrenaline, ready to run away and hide in a corner from the world.

But he knew he had to talk to someone if he was going to get better, and who better to talk to than the person who was on the exact same page as him?

He had been debating this with himself ever since he pressed the end call button on his phone, but now he had finally reached his decision.

With the image of his three best friends in his mind, he unlocked his phone and called the girl's number again.

After four rings he was ready to hang up, but just before he pressed end call, she picked up.

"Luke." He heard her breathe out a sigh of relief.

"H-hi." He murmured, biting his bottom lip.

"Talk to me. I feel... God, I don't know." She whispered the last part, almost as if she didn't really want him to hear it.

He didn't say anything in return, he didn't want to. He just wanted to listen, listen to someone so they could take him out of his own sea of thoughts. He wanted to be involved in someone else's life for once, to forget about his own.

"Luke, after reading that... I feel like I've known you forever. I feel like I'm one of your greatest friends, like I'm responsible for you. I feel like I'm someone you can confide in when no one else is there for you." He could hear her voice cracking, as if she was finding it harder to get the words out over a lump in her throat threatening to make her cry.

"Lily..." Luke sighed. "There is no one else in my life right now. I need someone, and if you want that can be you..." he trailed off.

He heard her take in a little gasp of breath. "I will Luke, I'll make it all better, I'll get your friends back."

But my friends don't want to come back.

She had hung up out of excitement before he could say it.

// a/n thank you guys sooooo much for all your support and votes and everything you have done for this story, it is amazing, and I love you all! I am so glad that I can make your reading of this worthwhile. So up there is a kind-of Luke pov in return for all your support heheh

oh and also HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALUM T HOOD //