Letter Four

Dear reader,

You know my last letter? The one where I was worrying that mum had died?

And you know how some people claim that they know, that they feel, when their family members are dead?

I think I felt it when I was writing my last letter, and that's why I felt so guilty, why I was worrying so much.

I wish I had gone. I wish I had not been so selfish. I can't believe I put my own feelings over my dying mother's wishes.

I wasn't there when she died. I wasn't fxcking there.

Why can't we turn back time? Why can't we get our wishes? Why can't we get our happy fiction endings?

What's the definition of fiction? Some say they are stories, fairy tales, events that happen in our dreams and our deepest imaginations. They are stories where all our hopes and dreams are fulfilled, all our wishes granted.

You know my definition of fiction? Lies. A fiction story is just a lie, a bunch of words written on a page that lift your hopes up and get you smiling, only to let you drop down to the ground and crash into a million pieces when you finish reading and come back to the real world. The real world where fairies and unicorns don't exist, where endings are never happy, where people die, and mourning is never-ending. Where the only light at the end of the tunnel is death and the possibility of getting to see your loved ones again.

But maybe that's a lie as well.

Maybe I'll never get to see my mum again. Maybe I'll never get to apologise for being so selfish and not going to see her one last time.

Do you want to know what her last words were? Her last words which were never heard by the one sole person she wanted to say them to?

"I'll always be here for you, Luke. I love you."

From, Luke.

// a/n just want to say thank you so much for 1.12K!!! That's amazing, I love you guys //