Trouble in The Bayou

Start from the beginning

I then broke his neck. He fell to the ground, lifeless. I pulled out my phone, and called Elijah. He answered and said, " Caroline, how may I help you?"

I said, " Elijah, want to explain why I had to break Nik's neck."

He said, " Where are you?"

I said, " I'm in the bayou."

He said, " I forgot, you had a meeting with Jackson. I will be there shortly."

I hung up the phone, and waited for Elijah to get here.

Ten minutes later, Elijah showed up. He looked down at Nik, and said, " Did you have to break his neck?"

I said, " Seriously? He is the one that pinned me against the tree, by the neck. He is lucky all he got is a broken neck. What is he doing here, anyway?"

Elijah sighed and said, " He wanted to see how the wolves were doing. He is getting a hang of a different century fine. I forgot you were meeting with Jackson. If I did remember, then I would've kept him out of the bayou."

I said, " So, what I am just supposed to avoid him, each time I have a meeting with the factions? He is eventually going to figure it out that I am Queen. Then he is going to start questioning everything, about me. We need to get his memories back."

Elijah said, " I know. We are working on that. Freya, Kol, and Davina can't find a spell to get his memory back."

I said, " There's something else? What is it?"

Elijah said, " Freya called a witch, and found out that reminiscing could help, improve his memory. We tried to reminisce about anything we did together. We just can't figure out what will trigger his memory."

I said, " You are just telling me this now? I can help. I know him, inside and out."

He said, " We discussed this."

I said, " No. You, Freya, Esther, Mikael, Davina, Bekah, Kol, and Marcel discussed it. Let me help."

He said, " I don't want the baby or you in trouble. What if he goes on a rampage, and snaps your neck?"

I said, " Really, Elijah? Nik and I are equal strength. Yes, I may have been able to snap his neck, i have no idea, how? I mean I could never do it before."

Elijah said, " The baby. It gave you the strength to get out of that situation."

I said, " Okay. Let me help. He already knows I am as strong as him, or maybe stronger."

Elijah said, " I don't know. Can't you wait till the baby is born?"

I said, " Elijah, really? That is 3 months, till the baby is born. I won't have time after the baby is born. The baby is kicking constantly, and I am pretty sure it's because the Baby wants it's dad. Hell, I want Nik back, I miss him Elijah."

Elijah said, " Caroline. Any one of us can watch the baby, after it's born. If we don't find a spell, by the time the baby is born, then you can help. I won't let you and the baby in trouble. Stress is not good for the baby."

I rolled my eyes, and said, " Fine. I will wait till then. Take him, and get out of here."

Elijah nodded, and picked up Nik's body and flashed away. I walked towards the crescent pack. Jackson was outside of the one house, and walked towards me.

I said, " Sorry, I'm late."

Jackson said, " It's fine. You didn't have to come all the way out here. I could've met you in the quarter. I mean, you are pregnant."