Resurrection

Caroline's POV
    It has been two weeks, since I stepped up. The factions invited me with open arms. The witches were at first wary of me, being pregnant for some reason. The Wolves and Vampires aren't going after each other. Everyone is peaceful. Today is Kat's and Elijah's wedding. The wedding is being held in the compound, same with the reception.

Anyway, I woke up, and the girls came into my room. I sat up and said, " Whats going on?"

Kat said, " The wedding is off."

I said, " Why? You and Elijah love each other, and we already had this planned."

Bekah said, " Get dressed. We will explain."

I nodded and got out of bed. I walked into the closet, and put on my black dress. I walked out of the closet, and Kat helped me put on my black heels. I said, " So, what is it?"

Freya said, " It's better if we told you downstairs. It's important."

I nodded, and we walked out of my room. We walked down the hallway, and down the stairs to the courtyard. Esther, Elijah, Mikael, Marcel and Kol were in the courtyard. I also seen Nik's coffin in the courtyard. I said, " Why is Nik's coffin right here?"

Davina said, " Drink this and we will explain."

She handed me a blood bag, and I drank it. I sat down on the couch, and said, " Explain."

Esther said, " We found a way to bring Niklaus back."

I said, " Really? We searched for five months, and couldn't find anything."

Mikael said, " Caroline, there is some side effects to the spell."

I said, " What are they?"

Kol said, " There is a chance we may not bring Nik into his own body, it could be someone else on his body."

I said, " How do we prevent that? There has to be a loophole."

Elijah said, " Caroline. There is a way to prevent that. It involves the baby."

I put my hand on my stomach and said, " What about the baby?"

Everyone looked at each other, and I was getting impatient. I stood up, and said, " What about the baby?"

Marcel put his hand on my shoulder, and said, " Caroline, you need to calm down."

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and said, " I will calm down, once you tell me."

Bekah said, " We need to use the baby's blood. It is the only descendant of Nik. The baby has Nik's blood, and it's the only way we could prevent that. We tried to look for another way, but couldn't find anything. This is the only chance we have to bring Nik's back. This is the only time we have the opportunity to bring Nik back. After today, his soul could be beyond damaged for us to bring him back."

I said, " This is the only option?"

Marcel said, " Yes, Caroline. We didn't want to use the baby's blood, but it is our only option."

I put my hand on my stomach, and sighed. I said, " Do it."

Elijah said, " Are you sure?"

I said, " Yes. If it's our only chance to bring Nik back. Do it."

Esther said, " Alright. Freya, Davina and I will get the herbs we need."

Esther, Freya and Davina went off down the hallway. I sat down on the couch, and rubbed my hand on my stomach. Mikael said, " Are you sure about this, Caroline?"

I looked at him, and said, " Yes, Mikael. It's our only chance to have him back."

Mikael nodded. Ten minutes later, Freya, Esther and Davina returned with the herbs. They set them down on the table, along with a bowl. They mixed the herbs and Esther said, " Caroline, dear."

I stood up, and walked over to them. I bit into my wrist and held it over the bowl. The blood dripped into the bowl. Esther took the bowl, and walked over to Nik's coffin. Elijah opened the coffin. Freya and Davina followed Esther over to Nik's coffin. They stood there, and Esther put some of the blood herb mix on Nik's forehead.

Esther, Freya and Davina joined hands, and started chanting in Latin.

Twenty minutes later, they stopped, and backed away from the coffin. I said, " Did it work?"

On that cue, Nik gasped for air and sat up in the coffin. He looked around and got out of the coffin. I couldn't handle it anymore, and I sped over to him. I said, " Nik!"

He had a confused look on his face, and said, " Do I know you?"

I said, " What do you mean? It's Caroline, your wife."

He said, " I don't know who you are, and I certainly don't have a wife."

I backed away, and Nik looked at Kol and Davina. Nik said, " Who is that with you Kol? Another one of your latest dalliances."

Kol stood in front of Davina and said, " Don't speak to her like that!"

Nik said, " Protective. Won't last long. What is it that you are all wearing?"

Elijah said, " Niklaus, what year is it?"

Nik said, " It's 1904. Of course."