t w e n t y n i n e

warning: sexual content

draco and i sit in relative silence, neither of us wanting to break the bubble that we've created. he lays there with his hat over his eyes and i can't help but miss them. i miss looking at his eyes. i miss him looking at me privately, when we didn't have to worry about anyone else interrupting.

as awful as it sounds i miss seeing the anger in his eyes. i used to hate it, but i grew soft for it. his eyes were always squinted in a sneer, as if everyone were below him. except for when we were together. and fuck i miss not worrying about it.

"sit up," i say as i sit up myself, crossing my legs on the bed. he lets out a small huff before pushing himself up. i watch his rings flint as his hands entangle themselves in the sheets. he clears his throat awkwardly, and i realize that he can't see me. i feel a pang in my heart. he can't see the way that i watch him as if he's the only thing in the world. he can't see the way that my eyes follow every movement of every muscle.

i don't think, i just act. i lean forward quickly and tear the hat off his head.

dracos eyes blink heavily at mine as he adjusts to the light. the rage that i missed so much fills his eyes, and for a moment i'm happy.

then everything crashes down.

his hair is tussled in every which way, seemingly standing up on the edges.

"what the fuck did you do?" he shouts. i try not to let it phase me. he rests his eyes in the palm of his hands, he's gone completely silent.

"it was gonna happen eventually. i want her to know that i want to help." my voice sounds meek and unconvincing. under his hands i see his lips quirk down in a scowl.

"everything i've done." he takes a slow inhale through his nose before continuing. "has been for your own safety. you had to go and fuck it up?" it sounds like a question, but i know that he doesn't want me to answer. "shit, venus!" he gets to us feet and begins to pace the dorm. "what the fuck were you thinking?" his hands are clenched into fists at his side, his knuckles blanche.

"i told you, i want to help" my voice is stronger now. "whatever she wants, i'll do it."

his hand makes contact with the wall. the wall must be charmed because it doesn't leave a scratch, yet dracos knuckles are bleeding immediately.

"no, you will not." his voice is too calm. "you are not to have anything to do with this." the rage in his eyes swirls around, his once silver eyes are almost black.

"i will." i nod my head, crossing my arms. "what're you gonna do? stop me?" he groans and throws his head back.

"you are fucking insufferable! everything that i've done was for your own protection." he collapses on the bed. "merlin, you don't know what you're doing," his voice is barely above a whisper.

i decide to keep my distance for now, not wanting him to lash out.

"i do." i pull my knees in toward my chest, resting my chin on top of them.

i dont. i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. i made this plan up three seconds before it occurred, i barely knew what i was doing.