Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

I seen Cara had a small piece of paper and a pen with a small list written down as she rushed into the kitchen. I followed behind her and saw her shaky hands filing the kettle and putting it on to boil. I came up behind her and took her hands in mine to try stop them shaking.

"I-I'm fine Harry". She said with a shaky voice causing me to immediately shake my head and take the wrinkles but of paper out of her hand.

"Let me deal with this okay? Please just go and try and have a nice time, talk to her fiends, reminisce. I'll make the tea and coffee and then I'll bring them out okay? Just try to relax baby."

"Thank you so much." She whispered with tears in her eyes, I leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips and then another one for good measure.

"I love you darling. Now go on, I'll be out as soon as everything ready." I said, getting a nod in reply she soon walked back out to her guests, closing the kitchen door behind her as she did. I began making all the tea first so they had time to steep before refilling the kettle for coffees when I heard the kitchen door open and close again.

"Cara is everything okay? I told you I have this under control."

"Hey big bro."

My head snapped around at the voice of my sister and I smiled a little before my face fell. Her and Cara aren't on good terms, they won't be especially if she knows me and Cara are trying to work things out.

"Kat...I'm glad you are here but before Cara sees you please I'm begging you...don't make a scene. Don't make her feel worse than she already does. I know you don't approve of the two of us but she needs all the support she can get right now." I begged causing my sisters eyebrows to raise.

"You really think I'm going to make a scene at her grandmas funeral?" She asked, I looked to her and and shrugged sadly knowing how it all went down the last time.

"If anything after this is done I'm going to go and find her family and kick their asses for not being here for her. How dare they not even show up if not for the fact Janet was a massive part of the family then at least to support Cara." She said, the anger running through her veins practically causing steam to come out of her ears.
My eyes were wide and my jaw was slack as I started at my sister in shock.

"Do you want some help with the drinks? There's a lot of lovely old ladies out there ready for a cup of tea." She said with a smirk, knowing she had shocked me. I cleared my throat and nodded, motioning her over below going through who was to get cups of tea while I continued to make the coffee.

Kat left the kitchen with a few cups of tea Belle coming back for the rest and then a third trip to bring out some sugar and milk just in case they need that to. I started bringing out the coffee and when I went in to bring out another few cups Kat was leaving with the last of them. I got the couple of bottles of water that we asked for and a whiskey with ice as one of the old men requested and was soon finished.

Once I came back into the main area everyone was gathered the first thing I saw was Cara being held by my mum tightly, I couldn't help but smile at the sight even though I know the reasoning could have been better.

"Is Cara your girlfriend sweetheart?" A sweet old lady said from beside me, I'm not sure when she got there.

"Yes, she is." I said with a smile, the lady smiled fondly and watched on with me as my mum and Cara pulled back from their tight embrace but still held onto each other's hands.

"Is that her mother?" She asked.

"No that's my mum ma'am. Her family isn't here." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry to hear that, you two make a beautiful couple and you my dear make a lovely cup of tea." She said before she struggled to walk away. I quickly caught up to her and wrapped my arm around her back and offered her my other arm to help her back to her seat. She gave me a kind smile and a thank you when we got her back sitting down comfortably. I stood up fully and my eyes fell on Cara who was already looking at me with a loving smile, I quickly made my way over to her and took both her hands in mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly, knowing she wouldn't want the whole room to hear. She gave my hands a reassuring squeeze before speaking.

"I'm okay, you are incredibly good with elderly people." She acknowledged with a smile causing a slight blush to form on my cheeks.

"I couldn't just stand there while she struggled to walk." I said with a shrug because it is really not a big deal, anyone would have done the same.

"I love you." She simply replied, making a smile so large break out on my face my cheeks began to hurt.

"I love-"

"Cara?! Why are we stuck in this tiny dingy apartment my goodness don't you know how to plan a party?"

Fuck.

Her family.