Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Backstage

When I entered my room, I threw all the clothes she brought on my bed. I spread them out to look at all the different fits, and all she got me was clothes from the club. I knew I didn't want to wear any of those because I was going for a casual look. I reached into my closet and got a pair of grey biker shorts and an off the shoulder cropped sweatshirt. I put on my outfit while I reached down to put on my Air Jordan 1s. I got down to tie my shoes and heard someone bust through my door. "All the clothes I brought and you didn't even pick one," Kristen stated, pacing in my room. "I'm going to a concert, those clothes you picked for me made me look like a hoochie mama," I replied. "Hoochie mamma, who even uses that word," Kristen said, coming toward my bed, "I'm just trying to help you" "You did see," I said showing her my shoes," you picked the perfect shoes" "Yeah two years ago I can't believe you still have those," she said rolling her eyes, "any way me and Alvin ready."

I grabbed my purse and started to walk out of my room with her. "No," Alvin scolded, "Are you going to the gym or something? Because you not going to a concert like that." "Leave her alone she wants to be comfortable," Kristen said fixing my shirt. "Please pick something more girly," Alvin said rubbing his eyes, "I'm trying to help you out and you're messing it up."

I rolled my eyes and went back into my room. I stared at the clothes on my bed trying to figure out what I should wear. "Since everybody wants me to dress up, I am going to go all out," I thought to myself picking up the marble mesh mini dress Kristen brought for me. I put the dress on and posed in the mirror, "If there are rich guys here tonight, all their attention is going to be on me," I said, sliding into my heels.

I walked out of my room and get bomb rushed by applause. "You look so good girl," Kristen said, holding up her phone to me. "You do Kayla," Kristin applauds through the phone, "I wish I could go with y'all but I and my man have some other plans." "Well since we are all ready. We should get going," Alvin interrupted, opening the door. We all walked outside and got insides Alvin's black Rolls Royce. "Don't mess up my car! I just got it cleaned because your friend made a mess in it last night," Alvin joked, closing the door for Kristen. "Don't put my business out there like that," she laughed, "She doesn't need to know everything." "Don't act like you don't tell her and your other friends what we," Alvin teased while starting the car.

We rode in the car blasting Chris Brown's latest album. When we arrived at the stadium, the car got valeted, and we got escorted in. "Being friends with someone dating a football player has its perks," I joked as we headed back staged. As we walked backstage, I saw all different types of celebrities, most of whom I didn't recognize. "Damn Alvin, what happened with you in your last game against the Redskins," a man said from behind us. I turned around slowly and saw Chris Brown looking at us. I almost passed out from excitement seeing my childhood crush in front of me. "What you mean what happened We won nigga," Alvin said dabbing Chris up, "This my girl Kristen and her friend Kayla." "Hiiii Chris," we both said in unison staring at him. Chris laughed and gave each of us a hug. "I hope you guys enjoy the sho-," Chris said before getting interrupted. "Hey Breezy," this girl screamed from afar. I turned away and saw Ryan Destiny walked toward us. She looked at us and waved, "Hey everyone." I glanced at her and looked around the room to see if I could see Keith Powers. "I already know you guys know this beautiful lady," Chris stated, wrapping his arms around her. "I know of her. She dates Keith," I said watching their movements. Chris giggled and stepped back, "Yeah and she's an amazing actor." "I know that," I said shyly, "I loved her in Star. That was my favorite show before they canceled it." "Same that was my shit!" Chris stated. "What time day did you fly in," Alvin questioned. "Yesterday." "Two days ago, " Chris and Ryan answered, speaking at the same time. "Yeah she was here two days ago," Chris stuttered, "but anyway my manager messed up the seating so one of y'all have to sit with Ryan." "I will since I am the third wheel," I joked, "Will it just be me and Ryan?" I asked that question hoping the answer will be no. I wanted to sit with her and Keith Powers, so I can meet my celebrity crush. "Yes. It's just me," Ryan said looking down at her phone, "My boyfriend is working on a movie so I just came by myself. His loss though. He doesn't get to witness this genius perform." Chris and Ryan both lock eyes and laugh. They were being a little bit too friendly for me, but I was just going to mind my business.

Everyone but Chris Brown got escorted to their front row seats. I hugged my friend goodbye as Ryan and I got escorted to the far right of the stage. "So tell me about yourself," Ryan said, walking by my side. "My name is Kayla, and I am a senior double majoring in Creative Writing and English," I answered. "Oh you trying to be a teacher or something," Ryan pondered. "No actually I'm trying to be a series writer or a director," I explained. "Damn what a coincidence. The project Keith working on is looking for interns right now," Ryan disclosed, smirking. "You think I can do the internship," I proposed, full of excitement. "Of course! A friend of Chris is a friend of mine," she said, typing on her phone, "I can ask Keith about it right now." I thanked her and hugged her while we sat down in our seats.

The lights dimmed, and the background music starts to play "I know it's late. I know it's late And baby I can't focus, focus I just flew in, in town today I'm hoping that you notice, did you notice? I just posted my landing, oh Wondering if the same old understanding, stands." Chris Brown sings, dancing onto the stage." Ryan and I start to sing the song, dancing in our seats, "I know you got work pretty early I'll be around bout 3:30." "This song bringing back memories from my steamy session last night," Ryan screamed over the music. "Steamy session," I wondered. "Steamy session as in sex," Ryan laughed, "My DA." "With Keith?" I pondered. "Yeah.. yeah," Ryan stuttered. "This is a perfect song for a DA," I joked, hoping she didn't catch her mistake. "YESSS," Ryan laughed.

Ryan and I vibed out the whole concert forming a mini connection. After the performance, we exchanged numbers so she can help me with the internship. Even though Ryan is a sweet girl, I did catch the tea she accidentally slipped out. On the ride home, I was running through my thoughts, "Is Ryan cheating on Keith with Chris or am I just jumping to conclusions because I have a little celebrity crush on her man." I didn't talk the whole ride home because I didn't want the news to slip from me. When we made it home, I went straight to my room, hoping I would get a text from Ryan or Keith.