Behind the maks - 3

Will's about to get his prequal finally. Anyway I hope you enjoy and have a good day/night!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will's throat felt dry as he looked at his feet, he refused to look at maria as he played with the hem of his shirt. Maria slowly placed her hand on the boys hand causing his had to shoot up and his whole body to tense.

"You don't need to worry, I promise I won't tell anyone."

Will stared into her eyes debating whether to beilive her, she was working for his enamy but she was being nice. Her smile reminded Will of a mothers, well from what he had seen walking down the streets to and from work.

He shyly nodded before moving both of his hands to the bottom of his shirt, He pulled his shirt over his head and breifly glanced at Maria as she gasped.

He turned his head away and covered his torso with his arms in embarresment. He could feel Maria's eyes staring at his body scanning the many remains of failed attempts to impress his boss.

Maria's hand grazed over the large scar that started at the start on his left shoulder and went down to his lower back, he shudered and pulled away from Maria while tring his hardest to not look at her.

He felt embarresed. He had failed so many times inorder to try to become strong and to show his mentor he could face any challenged only to show how weak he really was.

"What happened?"

Will looked at Maria as she looked at him, he opened his mouth to speak but his head refused to allow him to sa anything causeing mutters to leave. Maria shook her head and turned around, she turned back around with bandageds.

After five minutes of hisses of pain and apoiligys Maria managed to covor most of the marks before walking towardss the door, as Will pulled on his shirt to thuds where heard from the door. Looking towards the noise was Tucker and Charles as Maria shouted at them for 'evaesdropping'.

Will watched as the both apoligies to the angry looking Maria before turning their attention back to the boy. Tucker walked over and placed his arm around Will causing him to tense as he was pulled to the olders chest.

"So the lads alright?"

Maria glanced at Will before looking at her feet,

"Y-yeah he's fine",

Both Charles and Tucker looked confused at Maria as she stuttered her answer, she usually never stuttered unless it was important. Charles nodded towards Tucker before asking Maria to go help with something along the lines of "Buddy's got another splinter", Maria sighed and walked out of the room with Charles in ht persuade.

Tucker eventially pulled away from Will and sat back on the bed he was previously on.

"So you wanna play cards?",

Will looked at Tucker as he picked up the deck of cards and started shuffling them,

"I-i don't know how to.."

Will looked back at his hands befre hearing Tucker laugh.

"That's fine lad I can show you!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maria hadn't made it ten steps away from the hospital like room before being stopped by Charles.

She looked at him confused as he looked at her with a blank face.

"What happened in their that was so bad that you had to lie?",

maria glanced into Charles eye before looking at the floor, she knew he noticed her stutter it always gave her away.

"I don't think it's my place to talk.",

Maria walked around Charles and carried on down the hall way, Charles sighed and rubbed his eyes with his hands.

He wasn't sure what to think anymore. Why would Maria have any need to lie about the boy? Did he do something to her? Or did she see something important?

He pushed himself of the wall with a sigh and walked back towards the medbay while thinking about what exactly is happening. He was interrupted by laughter causing him to freeze and peer around the door way.

He smiled as he saw Tucker and Will bickering about how it wasn't far that Will kept wining. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep the kid around a little while.