Chapter 11

Rosie's POV

Annabeth is here!! I am so excited to come to Camp Half-Blood, then I get to spend lots of time with her, and Blyke and Isen I guess. I think those are their names at least. Blyke seems nice and is very powerful, I can definitely beat him though, and Isen, I don't really know yet. His ability is certainly more complicated, but he doesn't seem like he uses it much, and he also seems, I don't know, weird? I feel like he isn't entirely innocent in his reasons for allowing me to come to camp, when he was talking to Mum before, he wanted to take Percy to some new place. I really don't want Percy to go, but maybe I will now? It sounds quite fun actually, maybe I can meet some more people like me for the first time. But I would need to say goodbye to Percy and Annabeth...

Isen's POV

I have decided that I, hands-down, am in love with Camp Half-Blood. I can't believe they are able to keep such a busy place secret from mortals. It's a little strange saying 'mortals' like that when I don't really know if I'm one of them or not. I guess I don't fit in either category, not that it's necessarily a bad thing though. It's still disconcerting though, going from being one of the most powerful and everyone knowing who you are, to being some random stuck between the godly and mortal world.

The camp itself is actually huge, there are these massive cabins going all the way round, and so many more than I expected, far more than 12 for the twelve Olympians. I could smell a faint saltiness to the air, and upon further inspection, the coast wasn't that much of a distance away. I could make out a lake with canoes, a volleyball court and a huge arena type thing which I wasn't eager to go and explore, unlike Blyke, who was turning his head to track down the source of the clang of metal on metal. A sword-fight, I expected. Directly in front of us, there was a sky-blue building which Annabeth and Percy seemed to be leading us towards.

I looked towards Percy and asked, 'So, uh, where exactly are we going?'

Percy pointed towards the blue building and replied, 'the Big House. It's where Chiron will be so we can ask him about... well, everything, pretty much. He's been at Camp for longer than anyone could ever remember, and he's taught all of the great fighters. He's really trustworthy, amazing at archery, and basically runs the camp since it's not as if Mr D does anything to help. Oh and he's a centaur.

I was following perfectly fine until the word cent... something, came up. 'A- a what?'

Annabeth paused her hand-clapping game with Rosie to explain, 'Half man half horse. He's also pretty much my dad.'

Annabeth was half-horse!? 'But you're,' I gestured towards her, 'human...aren't you?'

Percy found this hilarious and he doubled over in hysterics while Annabeth rolled her eyes at him. She gestured towards him to entertain Rosie, who was smiling up at him expectantly, her face a mask of innocence as she silently challenged him to a game unknown to me. Percy grinned and patted Rosie on the head before conjuring a small amount of water, making it twirl around her head as she giggled in delight. Annabeth turned back to me, clearly concealing a smile, as she said, 'Yes Isen, I'm human, don't worry, Chiron isn't my biological father, I just meant he acted as a parental figure for me since I came here when I was very young.'

'Yeah, you were seven,' I recalled.

She frowned at me suspiciously, her entire demeanour changing as I revealed this information about her. 'How do you know that?'

'Oh, Percy told me,' I said, wondering why her secrecy was so important to her.

She shook her head gently, said, 'of course,' before explaining, 'sorry for snapping at you, I guess having to be constantly on the alert for monsters can do things to your brain, you know?'

I really didn't know what it was like, unless John counted as a monster, but I nodded understandingly anyway. Actually, John sort of does count as a monster, and Arlo does, and Cecile, and Remi when she's hungry.

'I think I sort of know what you mean,' I began, 'the constant dread, literally waiting for something to jump out at you.'

Annabeth nodded before saying, 'but have you ever had the constant dread while knowing your life was on the line, you friends' lives, your family, the entire world, all down to you and one mistake could destroy everything?'

I was just trying to process this unexpectedly forceful statement while Annabeth looked at me carefully, before she suddenly registered the fact that Rosie wasn't with her anymore. Neither were Percy and Blyke, for that matter. We turned with a jerk and Annabeth muttered something likely not polite in Greek as she beheld what was happening in front of us. Percy had somehow created a mini hurricane and Rosie was eagerly stealing the water to form her own as Percy conjured more and more. The water swirled around both their heads at lightning speed, the tops white with froth, as Blyke stood there in sheer astonishment, mouth open unashamedly wide. I was about to cheer when I saw how livid Annabeth was at this whole show.

'PERCY!' she yelled, and in a split second all the water had disappeared and there stood a drenched but grinning Blyke and Rosie, and Percy, head hung as he waited for the lecture to begin.

Annabeth took a breath in preparation before seemingly deflating and saying, 'what am I going to do with you?' Percy looked up hopefully, not daring to believe he was off the hook, as Annabeth put her arm around his shoulders and steered him towards where we were meant to be going, Rosie skipping behind them.

I looked at Blyke, who still had a smile stretched across his entire face, and couldn't help but reflect his expression as we fell into step beside each other, on our way to meet our possible saviour.  

Hi everyone, as usual, thank you so much for taking the time to read this story and I hope you enjoyed this update! :)