𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 - 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

Börja om från början

"At least I'll get some justice for Sienna," he growled back, eyes glowing blood-red.

Instinctively, I stepped back. The only pair of Alpha eyes that I'd seen before had belonged to Victoria, and the sight invoked a dark terror within me.

"P-l-ease," Chris choked, colour draining out of his face, "I— I help... helped y-you."

Jason growled, baring his teeth at Chris, not releasing his grip one bit.

Chris tried again, "I c-c-can he-help y-y-you f-f-find Za-Zack."

At the mention of Zack, Jason's eyes returned to normal, and his teeth and claws retracted.

"You better not betray us," Jason growled at Chris, "Or I swear I will slit your throat and hang your body in the middle of a fucking classroom."

Then Jason dropped Chris' body to the floor and stormed down the corridor.

"What happened?" I asked as I helped Chris to his feet.

"They found Sienna's body," Ryder told me.

"Where?" I frowned. By the looks on all of their faces, they'd all seen it as well.

"In the middle of mine and Jason's Maths classroom." Jade cast a dirty look at Chris.

"I had no choice," Chris repeated hoarsely before he let me help him to the school nurse.

That day passed quicker than I'd expected it to, but maybe that was because I didn't have American History or Maths that day

That day passed quicker than I'd expected it to, but maybe that was because I didn't have American History or Maths that day. I hung out with Maia all day; the pack seemed too on edge to have either of us hanging around.

For the rest of the day, I was too afraid to ask what had actually happened, so I didn't get any more information until I was watching the local news in Missoula on the TV late that night.

"In local news," the news presenter read, "The body of previously-missing teen Sienna Burfield was found with a particularly gruesome message at Hellgate High School in the middle of a classroom this morning. The local law enforcement has long believed that the group of teenagers that went missing late last June was dead, however, six of the ten have reappeared in the past few months — with the discovery of Sienna Burfield's body, three are still missing, presumed dead." The presenter warned as they were going to show photos, "Please be aware that images may be upsetting to some viewers."

The one and the only picture showed Sienna, hung up at the high school. There was a noose around her neck, the rope attached to the ceiling of the classroom. Her face, arms and legs were covered in scratches and cuts, with dried blood stuck to her skin. Her eyes were open, and staring blankly. The 'particularly gruesome message' that the news presenter had mentioned was painted in blood on a piece of paper strung around Sienna's neck — the words read:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I swallowed, dread filling me. The meaning of the message was clear: the hunters were coming for the rest of the pack.