I have to leave this place. Reality dawned.

And go where? Anywhere she could go would recount how arrogant and xenophobic her people were. Even though her views were different thanks to her open-minded father, they wouldn't even give her the chance to speak before striking her down. If they gave her a chance... They'd only be amused by how she spoke and belittle her for it.

The only safe place she had even been was in the arms of her late father. It was there, on his lap in his study, that he told her fascinating stories of other species that weren't so different from them after all. They had hearts that beat, lungs that breathed, and families of their own.

He indulged his mute daughter's mind knowing that she could use to be powerful in her own right. Not long after, she would sneak into his office and read the forgotten books, soak in the history, and revel in the fact that she was stronger than most in this sense.

People never wasted a moment to teach her where she really belonged. A being that should have been erased at the first hint of her lack of speech.

There's only one place I can go now.

Just as the thought entered her head, she shook it away. The gods would curse her if they were able to read her thoughts on the place she nearly sought to venture.

Even so, she mindlessly headed in that direction after it crossed her mind, unaware of where her feet carried her. The first thing that gave it away was the change in architecture and spacing of the homes. The familiar mud-brick homes of Sol Pago, cramped upon one another on narrow, cobblestone streets, soon turned into wide paved roads without holes or imperfections. 

Homes aligned the roads that were far larger than she was accustomed to. Each had green grass yards of their own, and the houses that sat on those lawns were mini stucco palaces. The term 'mini' meaning at least four times the size of her childhood home.

While lost in thought, thinking about her father, she had stumbled into the place she was trying to avoid. Now that she was here, she couldn't help but to enviously glance at how well these people lived. Not even two miles away from the outskirts of Sol Pago was the residence of the noble sovereign of Sepulchre. And where she stood now, down the street from the gates to the castle, were the upper-class homes owned by various beings of nobility.

Some were-folk, a handful of satyroids, creatures she's never seen... Amongst the few that chose life here rather than with their own kind. A mixed community.

In the castle remained the purest bloodline of them all. Full-fledged vampires that hadn't mingled with another being to mate and create offspring. Never once in their history had they steered from ever mating with another pureblood.

These manicured homes filled with nobles were visiting here for one reason and solely that alone- To gain the respect and backing of King Jyosith. So that whatever wars they waged or countries they infiltrated, at least they would have his highly respected army of soldiers who would go against commonplace morals for their King.

Eledorah scoffed at the thought that bloodlines were held in such high regard. What do his ancestors say about his ability to fight and lead? Nothing! She sneered at the people in their homes, though they couldn't see her doing so. It was enough to make her feel satisfied, silently cursing them in their streets.

The ancient metal gates creaked open, turning out onto the street to allow two guards to pass through. They swapped positions with two other guards on the scene. Since she stood still so far down the road, they hadn't seen her. But she decidedly crept into the shadows that a tall fence offered.

What am I even doing here?

The internal question made her groan. This was so pathetic...

"Come out and state your purpose!"