Here they were, gallivanting the streets of Sol Pago, without the fear of encountering a faenix. They better be able-bodied or else they had a death wish.

"Wait." One of them gruffed.

Just as she thought they had passed based on the sound of their slow trot, she peered out from behind the bin to check. Except her timing was impeccably awful. As it turned out, they had just been passing the head of the cross alley where she hid. The sound of their voices ricocheting off the interlocking stone walls of the back streets made it difficult to pinpoint their exact location and had been detrimental to her calculations.

Eledorah snapped her head back against the wall and tried to mold her body into the stone, wishing to disappear.

"There. Right there... Am I crazy or do you see it too?"

Trying to control her panicked breathing, she pinched her nose to steady her nerves. Then she noticed what he must have- A few stray feathers at the bottom of her left wing were sticking out beyond the metal bin. Moving them now would certainly give away her position, so she remained motionless in hopes they would brush it off as molted feathers.

"That's literally nothing, you fool. Now you gotta listen to us, Oxin, don't get distracted. You up to this?"

Misfit satyroids, that's all they were. Drunk blokes with nothing better to do than cause mayhem.

"Mm, yeah. I'm good to-" He stopped. "No, I swear that's..."

The ground trembled as he neared the place where she cowered. What little light the moon provided made it so his shadow cast an unruly beast onto the cobble alleyway. His curled horns could be clearly depicted as well, making her wonder how far back his bloodline went.

The shadow halted. It lowered to the ground, mimicking that of a person crouching to her groveling level.

He made a noise similar to that of a person calling for their horse by clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, "Come here little one, we won't hurt you."

The way he made his voice sound soothing, coaxing her from the darkness... She obeyed.

He sucked in a hiss when she lifted herself to her feet. Glorious red wings fell at her side, no matter how much she tried to shield them from their sight. Raven waves cascaded behind her shoulders and ended at her tailbone, providing a stark contrast to her wings. 

Two more stood a few yards behind him. Well, not quite stood. They leaned against a building for support like pathetic drunks.

"See that, brothers? I knew my senses hadn't failed me as they have you." They didn't find his mocking amusing in the slightest. The older pair picked themselves off the wall and sauntered over, each crushing the can in their hand containing the liquid poison.

It was a play to be intimidating, and it worked wonders. Her knees quivered while attempting to take a faulty step backwards that would only land her on her butt. The ache of the fall shot up her spine and made her whimper.

"Well, now you've gone and made her cry. Who's the fool now?" The younger one timidly raised his hands and approached her. "Don't scream now, you got that little one?"

"Little?" One scoffed. "She's a woman."

"No, she might pass for one but... Her scent." He inhaled deep. "She's still not of age. Those wings might say otherwise. How beautiful..." He outstretched a hand, which only ignited her panic and made her scoot backwards, using her hands to drag herself back.

Eyes wide and inquisitive; she assessed her situation and the men before her. Their horns were twisted and intricate in design, signifying their abilities as warriors. All three bore a resemblance and confirmed they were not only brothers in combat, but also in blood. Her eyes ventured down their bodies to where their lower half resembled a satyr most. Broad thighs, covered in coarse, black fur were supported by narrow calves and dirty hooves that could stomp someone's face in.