𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 (𝘱𝘵2) - zuko

YOUR NAME

that night me and the gaang were being up late again and working on our bending. except for Sokka and Suki, since they're not benders. they do know how to fight though.

"I wish we could just, you know, fight crimes and stuff," Toph says as the attempts to bend a rock towards me. I split it in half with my bending and nod at her words.

"yeah, me too. I hate that we're at school and that they don't teach us enough about bending."

"especially for Aang. he's the Avatar and he doesn't even know how to bend all his elements. I mean, isn't that more important than finishing high school? he needs to save the world some day, it's not fair he's here in school with us and not learning about bending the other elements."

Aang just shrugs. "you know, I don't mind. I'm glad to spend time with my friends. the world is in good hands and the firelord is alright. he won't be a problem and so won't other nations."

I sigh at his words. "typical something to say as an airbender."

Toph nods at my words and points at me. "I'm with Y/N, twinkle toes. you should learn all the elements. maybe we can help you! we've got water and earth."

Sokka nods and smirks at me. "yeah and Y/N's new boyfriend is a firebender. I'm sure she can talk to him so he can teach you some firebending, Aang."

"wait, what?" Katara turns her body towards me, her water falling back into the river. she widens her eyes. "Y/N's new boyfriend? what did I miss?"

I bend a rock towards Sokka, it hitting him hard and making him fall down on the ground. "hey! that's not nice."

I stick out my tongue, then turning my body towards Katara. "yeah, uh... Zuko asked me to the school dance."

"what?! and you didn't dare to tell us? even Sokka knew about it!"

Sokka laughs at his sister and shrugs. "yeah, I said she should say yes. she was stammering and silent and didn't know what to say so I helped her out."

"when did this happen?" Katara says, frowning. "I don't remember you talking to Zuko."

"it was today, seriously Katara, don't you pay any attention? she was in class with him. you, me and Aang were standing there waiting for her to leave the classroom. I even ran towards her to help her out."

Katara's cheek become a deep shade of red and she looks away. "oh, uh... I think I was too caught up in Aang's story that I didn't even realise you were talking to Zuko..."

I roll my eyes at her. Toph and Suki start to laugh. "she's far up Aang's ass," Toph says and Suki laughs even harder.

"hey! that's not true. besides, turns out I'm not the only one liking someone."

"you're right! Sokka and Suki are together as well."

Katara rolls her eyes at Toph's words and crosses her arms. "that's not the one I was referring to. I meant Y/N. she's into Zuko I believe."

I shrug. "yeah, I mean... I think I do."

Toph laughs. "you think? oh, sweet, sweet Y/N... you're so into him and you've got no idea. I can feel your heart start beating faster when you're talking about him." she smirks and crosses her arms. "besides, I'm certain he's the one sending you those notes."

Suki chuckles. "oh yeah, the cute notes. I think it's Zuko as well."

Toph points at Suki with a laugh. "see! I'm not the only one thinking that. I can't wait for the dance. I'm so excited to see everyone being cute together. you heard what I said, I said seeing and I can't even see. anyway, I'll just sit at the side and eat from all the free food we're getting." she almost gags, faking it though, and laughs even harder.

"did you know his sister tried to hit on Sokka though? that was weird," Suki says after a short moment of silence.

I thank her for talking about something else. I'm really not in the mood to talk about Zuko, especially not when I know that Toph's right. I do like Zuko, and a lot. it scares me since I didn't even know I did.

"yeah, and awkward. I had to tell her me and Suki were dating since a couple of weeks. it was also kind off sad... it seemed like she really likes me," Sokka answers Suki.

I shrug and start bending again, trying to get these moves right. 

all I want is to become one of the greatest earthbenders on earth, with Toph right by my side as the other one. it's hard to become that when the teachers won't even teach you how to bend. that's why we're just... you know, doing our things and trying to teach bending in secret.

no one can know we're trying to master our elements or master non-bending techniques, not even Zuko.

I once dreamt that Toph knew how to metalbend. you know, bending metal? that would be crazy. maybe it's possible, who knows if she's the one discovering it.

I laugh at my own thoughts. sure thing, Y/N, you can never be a real master and be in the outside world. it takes years for us to finish our school. even after that we're being taught things about work and other stuff. you know, Aang being the Avatar and stuff. he has to save the world at some point... for some reason he has to wait 'till he's 16.

only one more year to go...

"guys, I think we should go shopping," Katara says after she splashed Sokka with her water. he attempts to run at him, but I bend the ground so he falls towards the ground, slipping on some of my bending.

I giggle softly, looking away from him but looking at Katara. "yeah, but why?" I ask her, not really knowing why she wants to shop all of the sudden. not to mention we're not even allowed to be outside this late. it's a wonder we haven't been caught yet.

"because we need new dressed! you're going to the dance with Zuko and you need a new dress. we should go to the centre and get a dress for you. Toph needs one too and I'm certain me and Suki also wouldn't mind to get a new one. so, who's in? everyone down to sneak out and get into the centre?"

"you know, Katara," Toph starts, turning towards her and crossing her arms. "I would never thought you were the one to bring it up. I'm totally in."

we all just laugh and agree to Katara her suggestion. it doesn't sound so bad after all. besides, what could happen?

a/n : hey! hope you like this :) leave a comment x