medieval AU

The sun was barely up when he rose for the day. Among many other days, this one started the same. He awoke in his shared room alongside his older brother, whom of which was already dressed and downstairs. So that left the blonde to simply pull on his usual tunic since he slept in his braies during the night. With a small tug, he tightened the rope around his waist securing the tunic. He made haste as he got his buskins on.

"Anthony!" Came the familiar melodious voice from below.

"I'm coming!" He called back down. The walls were thin so hearing her wasn't much trouble.

He was sure his locks wherein disarray but it mattered very little. Hastily he left the small shared room into the hallway. In doing so he couldn't help but glance at the two other rooms in the hallway.

One of which was his sister's room, being a lady it was of high importance that she had her privacy. At least to their father.

Beside that room was their fathers who had been gone for several months under the king's orders.

He wasted no more time, briskly making his way down the stairs to the first floor of their dwelling. They were by no means rich however they were far more fortunate than most peasants. Their home was of two stories and between the three, their sister had always a fresh dress at least every month.

Their kitchen wasn't much, just a room with a wooden table and chairs. The small fire pit did nicely cook their meals with the metal pot hanging above it. A few pants hung on the stone wall that was gifted to them by a local blacksmith. A friend of theirs.

When he reached the bottom Arackniss was already sitting at the table, a small plate of bread lay in waiting at the center untouched. Molly was busying herself over by the fire. She was stirring something in the pot.

"Ah nice of you to join us, Anthony," Arakcniss grumbled. He was the older of them all with the other two being twins.

He took a seat at the opposite side of the table, looking to his older brother-who had taken the man of house position upon their father's leave-he noticed the beard beginning to grow in. It only made him appear more like their father.

"Sorry I was worn out after yesterday's training." He tried but Arackniss didn't seem to care.

"Mayhaps you should quit. After all, I'm more than qualified to be the next hunter in the family. You could be a cotton boy." He said with a laugh.

Anthony scowled, finding no humor in his statement. "I'm more than qualified." He leaned on the table brushing his fingers along his chin, frowning as he felt the stumbles there.

"You should just let it grow out." His brother said, "make you look like a man for once."

"I'll show you a man when I jump over this table and-"

"Aye!" Molly said sharply silencing the two men immediately. "You both are knights in shining armor so stop puttin' eachotha down."

Both men eyed each other before sighing. "Yes ma'am."

Molly pleased, smiled as she turned back to her pot.

Arackniss leaned on the table, "so," he said with narrowed eyes. "How're things goin' for you at that fancy-schmancy school."

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Don't call it that." He leaned back in his chair. "It's just a normal school."

His brother scoffed, "yeh, that trains hunters." He crossed his arms, "I didn' have that growin' up. An' I don't see why you're going there when I can teach you just as well."