Android AU part 3

"Build a sentient robot?" The professor scoffed. He continued to write something on the board.

Behind him stood a young blonde. Wearing a pink hoodie and some black jeans. A piercing in his ear and his hair tied back into a ponytail. His brows wrinkled, green eyes watching the board. "Well yeh that's what I just said." He answered calmly, holding his books a little tighter. "I dink it's possible. Ain't like it hasn't been done before."

The professor laughed. "Anthony my boy," he set the chalk down. The old geezer turning to face him. He adjusted his glasses. "Free will is just an illusion that we program into machines. Robots don't really have free will. It's just another order their made to follow. If they want something it's because we told it to want. If they like or hate something it's because we told it to do that too."

His eyes narrowed, as he looked the man square in the eyes. "Well I don't agree witcha." World known professor having built plenty of robots. Robots and androids weren't anything different to their world. But one with a will of it's own now that was something new.

He shook his head, placing a hand on Anthony's shoulder. The blond eyed it with annoyance. "You've always been a dreamer my boy, with your head up in the clouds. But what I am telling you is just simply not possible."

He shrugged the hand off. "Says da guy whose defied what ain't possible ba'fore."

"You'll understand one day." He said, turning his back. "Now if that's all I have my next class coming in soon so please, run along."

Anthony scoffed, once the mans back was turned he threw him the bird. Before ushering himself out of the classroom muttering a string of curses under his breath.

They could be sentient. They had...had to go beyond their programming. That was all.

But how?

What if it was all just a waste of his life?

He was a coder. He could barely build a working robot. How could he manage to get one to have free will without simulating it?

That was the fleeting thought.

Because just like that he found himself startled awake. Back into the world of reality.

He blinked, only taking a minute to register the warmth around him. The softness of the blanket and the pillow tucked under his head. He looked at it curiously and then to his living room. Wait..when did he get here? How did he get here? The last thing he remembered was working on some new code in his basem-er-lab.

So how-

"Good morning."

"AH!" He fell off the couch with a loud thumb yelping in the process. With his head now against the floor and his feet hanging off the cushions, the blanket somewhere in between. He now noticed the six foot tall deer man android standing behind the couch. It's head only tilting a fraction, at a perfect angle. As it looked at him with what was the closest thing to bewilderment it could get to. Yet without being too expressive.

"It seems you have fallen." It stated obviously.

Angel deadpanned. "No shit sherlock." He snapped, sitting up.

"My registered name is Alastor. Would you like to change it to Sherlock?" It spoke in a mono-tone.

"What? No-ugh." Angel dragged a hand down his face. "Look just...what time is it?" He could already see the sun was up even behind the blinds. And that there were a lot less pizza boxes and noodle cups laying about. Did Alastor clean up?