Part 13

So I found this in my docs today, an old idea for my next radiodust book and I decided to share it with you guys. Let me know what you think, enjoy!

 Ah, another blissful evening, to him at least. Things with the 'Happy Hotel' hadn't really gone anywhere. But to see it struggle and claw its way in attempts to become recognized was entertaining in its own right. Although even that was beginning to become a bore. There was no fun in seeing something fail when it hadn't the chance to rise. No, it was always more exciting to see the looks upon one's face as their life's work crumbled under their feet. Just when they got somewhere.

But as it stood, it hadn't gone anywhere.

Sure promotion for the hotel was beginning to take off, but even that was hardly a win. The hotel's one and only patron-that white spider-was less than cooperative. (At least that's what Vaggie had said). Alastor himself hadn't interacted with the fellow much aside from the day he showed up. His time was spent promoting this sorry excuse for an establishment alongside Hell's princess.

"I don't see why your fucking wasting your time on this place." He looked up at the bar cat who was sharing a drink with him.

Alastor as he always did when asked why, just smiled brighter; "why does anyone do anything?" He said with a grin as he swirled his alcohol.

Husk rolled his yellow eyes in an exasperated sigh. "Yeah yeah, I get it, you're bored." He finished off his glass before refilling it, doing the same for the redhead seeing his glass was low. "But seriously? This place? Couldn't you have just done something else?"

Husker wasn't one to poke his nose in what Alastor did. No, he was merely complaining because he was 'offering' his help here.

"Come now Husker!" Alastor radio filter crackled, "don't be a downer! Why I'm sure things will shape up in no time!" The cat moved away with a growl when Alastor ruffled his hair.

"Don't fucking touch me." His warning was ignored. "And I swear if that damn kid tries hitting on me one more time I'm gonna tear his damn arms off."

While that would be interesting to see, Alastor knew half the time Husk's threats were empty. Not because he couldn't do it, but because he was just too lazy.

Their attention shifted with the pair of shoes against the floor. As both men turned Charlie's disheartened form entered the lobby. Now that was a sight to see, it wasn't often the girl lost her smile.

Turning on his stool to face the girl Husk just watched. "Why what's the long face for dearie!" Alastor greeted in his usual tone.

Charlie looked up at the comment seeing both men's expressions, not necessarily concerned but more curious. Well, Alastor was, Husk didn't seem to care.

"Oh, hey guys." She greeted with a weak smile. Arms around herself she walked over to the bar but not being too close. "It's Angel," she said with a frown. "I'm worried about him."

If only to fuel his curiosity and desire for something to happen Alastor indulged. "And what has happened now?" The question sounded as if this weren't the first time something had been wrong with the spider. And it wasn't. A day didn't go by that there wasn't something wrong or p the spider's ass. Figuratively and literally speaking.

Charlie leaned on the bar, and Husk grabbed a glass to clean knowing he'd have to listen to this. "He just got back a while ago, and I mean..he's seemed upset since. I tried talking to him but he just went to his room."