e i g h t

Congratulations to harry for being a 3x grammy nominated artist!

~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week passes surprisingly smoothly. It's as if we're walking on clouds. Yesterday, Ginny asked to look at my hands, thinking Cedric had proposed!

I wanted to tell her that this, this human life growing inside of me was so much better than some ring.

Only three more weeks and we can tell people.

Three more weeks before The Scan .

21 days.

I can't deny how much I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing the baby for the first name, to holding our child. A family. Our family.

I arrive at the pub with twenty minutes to spare on Saturday. This time, seeing Draco doesn't quite put the fear of Merlin in me, which is an improvement. The bar, of course, is closed, so I head to the employees only entrance.

Draco is leaning against the wall, a steaming cup of coffee in his hands. I watch as he brings the cup to his lips, purses his lips together and blows, before taking a careful sip. he is rather pretty.

At least this time he's wearing clothes. He's wearing a sleek pair of dark grey trousers, with a matching grey t-shirt that is just tight enough to stretch across his chest in a way that shows it off nicely.

"Are you just going to stare at me all day?" He turns his head slightly, and I blush.

"No." Oh my God, I sound like a moody teenager. I clear my throat and try again. "Good afternoon Draco."

He looks at me, his eyes dark and intense. "I'm surprised you're here, I half expected you to blow me off."

I frown at him. "I replied to your letter, I said I would be here."

He looks thoughtful. "A woman of her word," his eyes drift to my stomach and smirks, "sometimes." I resist the urge to scream at him.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" I am not going to fight with him. I am going to be a grown-up. For now.

He smirks as though he knows exactly what I'm thinking. "Come in then,"

I breathe out a small sigh of relief as Draco pushes himself off the wall, turning to open the door. I follow him inside. There's a quiet hum of chatter, the sound of chairs scraping against the hard floor.

I pause to quickly poke my head into the bar area. There's a small crew of people working diligently, re-setting tables and chairs.

"Looks good, doesn't it?" There's a note of pride in Draco's voice.

"It does," I agree softly. I tear my eyes away from the bar, so I can see Draco more clearly. "You've done a great job on this place."

"Thank you," is all he says.

We troop up the stairs to his loft. A week has passed and I do not feel any fitter than I did last week with these stairs.  Once we reach the top and pass through the wards, I head straight for Draco's over the top white leather sofa and immediately sink down into it.

"You OK?" he asks.

"Mhm," is the best I can do in response. I have a sudden image of me, walking up those stairs with a cranky toddler in tow. I throw an arm over my eyes, nope. That is a horrifying image. No child is going to want to climb those stairs.

"You may have a point."

I drop my arm in horror. "I -," Shit, I didn't mean to say that last part aloud.

Draco shakes his head at me. "You're right. This loft — the bar, none of it is very child-friendly." He pins me with a look. "Speaking off..."

I scratch behind my ear. "Nothing has changed since last time." I drop my hands into my lap. "I won't be able to tell you anything new for another three weeks at least."

Draco nods, though he doesn't look pleased. "How are you?" he asks genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine," which is true, "The baby is fine too, the Healer is pleased with both of us."

"Good." Draco relaxes into the single leather chair, throwing an arm over the back of it. "I like to make sure that the things that belong to me are taking care of themselves."

I bristle at that. "I am not yours."

Draco raises an eyebrow. "Does Cedric know yet?"

I give my best death glare.

"Your relationship with him depends on me not telling him our little secret' he pauses, 'so yes, I do own you right now."

I gape at him. His smirk only widens. "Tea?"