Chapter 14

I woke up in the morning and my mom wasn’t home. I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for school. I hadn’t slept well last night partially because I knew my mother wasn’t home and partially because every time I began to fall asleep Kevin’s words rang in my head. I had to tell him but I wasn’t sure how or when, I didn’t want him to hate me and I didn’t want Kevin to be the one to tell him.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself walking to my room. I stood in my closet door way trying to find something to wear and decided on something simple a t-shirt and jeans. I changed quickly and threw my hair into a pony tail.

I walked down the hall to the kitchen. Even considering the dinner I ate last night I hadn’t eaten much since I had been sick. I found a frozen sausage biscuit and warmed it up so I would at least have something more than the usual apple or banana that I would have eaten.  I finished the food quickly knowing Justin would be here soon.

I grabbed a water bottle and my bag heading out the door just as he pulled up. I walked to the passenger side and climbed in a smile on my face. I mentally replayed the lyrics he had sung to me yesterday and I couldn’t help but smile. I leaned over and pressed my lips to his holding the kiss longer than necessary but I didn’t care right now, I was happy in the moment.

He pulled away hesitant and pulled out of the drive way. We got to school and the smile on my face ebbed away. Would Kevin make me tell him? Would Kevin try to tell him?

I knew the only reason Kevin was so concerned with him knowing what happened was because he wanted something he could openly hold over him. I sighed to myself as we walked into the building.

Asia and Kevin were waiting in front of my locker holding hands. That was probably the weirdest thing I’d ever seen. "Good morning Justin, good morning clover," she spoke reaching out and giving me a hug. I raised an eyebrow at Justin who just shrugged.

"So I have something I wanted to tell you guys," she said pulling away and hugging onto Kevin’s arm. "Kevin and I are dating," she squeaked, "isn't that great now we can double date," Justin shot me a look that said 'what the hell is she on' it was my turn to shrug.

"That's great," I said smiling at the both of them as if I really was happy. Truth be told it kind of scared me, I hadn't told Kevin everything but there were things I had said that I didn't want Asia to know about and who knows if he told her.

I opened my locker and pulled out a few books putting away what I didn't need. Asia and Kevin walked with Justin and me to first period both walking away smiling, "what the hell was that about?" Justin questioned.

"I have no idea," I mumbled going to take my seat.

 In a way I guess it was a good thing they were dating. Now they could both move on and maybe Asia wouldn't be as hostile to me. I still worried she was using him to get something on me. I mean I had every right not to trust her she had been evil to me and was forcing Justin to stay with her by threatening him and then she all of the sudden wasn't mad anymore what was with that. Everything wasn't adding up she was so set on keeping Justin and then she just accepts us.

It was driving me mad; by the time lunch came along I was really paranoid and felt like I might be on the edge of a panic attack.

I held my left wrist as I walk to the cafeteria. I found Justin sat at a table along with Asia and Kevin, he seemed to be getting along with Kevin but that could be due to the fact that with Kevin dating Asia she would leave us alone and Kevin wouldn't be after me either.

Justin looked up to me a smile on his face as I approached. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down on to his lap kissing my cheek. I giggled a little pushing myself off of him and into my own seat. I glanced across the table at Asia and I could see a flash of some emotion in her eyes but I couldn't tell you what that emotion was because as quick as I saw it, it was gone.