Chapter 9

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

Its been two weeks since I told Clover that I loved her and two weeks since she pretty much told me she didn't feel the same. I have managed to keep Asia away from her and from killing anyone else.

I spent most of the time pretending that I was listening to her and just thinking about Clover. I haven't seen her much other then in class and at lunch. She's been talking to Kevin a lot more and I'm not sure I'm happy with that but there is nothing I could do I promised her I would give her the time she needed away from me. I was waiting for the text that would tell me she was ready to talk but as the days went on I wasn't sure that would come.

I was walking to class when I saw what would make me wish I had never shown up that day. I turned the corner and at first was happy to have seen Clover with a smile on her face but quickly my enthusiasm turned to anger when I watched Kevin kiss her.

So much for not wanting to be in a relationship. I turned around and walked the long way to class.

~CLOVER'S POV~

I was talking to Kevin and we were laughing about something that happened at lunch with him and his friends, when I felt like he was moving closer to me. I was sure of that when his lips met mine. I didn't push him away right away because I hadn't fully comprehended what was going on but when I did I had to keep myself from slapping him, "Kevin please." I said stepping back.

He put his hand on my arm stepping closer to me, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of kissed you."

"Its fine just please I already told you I'm not ready for a relationship and I'm still trying to figure out the whole Justin thing."

"Clover why are you so hung up on him he obviously doesn't care very much about you."

"Kevin please don't do this again. There is no way that he would of said all that he said if he didn't mean it."

"If he really meant it I don't think he would still be with Asia?"

"He's only trying to protect me from her."

"and I'm only trying to protect you from him. I don't want to see you hurt. You've already been through so much." he didn't even know the half of it I've been through so much more then he could ever imagine.

For him to say these things about Justin made me a little upset. He didn't know anything about Justin and he didn't know much about me. Justin had been there for me when I needed him and didn't judge when he found out about my bad habit.

Something in me knew that Kevin wouldn't do the same. He had taken my hands in his and was looking deep into my eyes. I couldn't stand here any more I had to leave not only because the bell was about to ring but because I was uncomfortable.

I pulled my hands away and turned my head, "I have to get to class I'll talk to you later." When I went to leave he took my hand and kissed me again. "Kevin please." I left not knowing what was going on.

When I got to my history class the teacher clapped her hands together and made an announcement, "OK class we are starting a new unit on the revolutionary war. We are going to be doing a project and I will be pairing you guys up myself so don't even ask." she said returning to her desk and coming back with a paper in her hand. "OK the partners will be as follows. Jennifer with Cameron, Maria with Zach, Justin with..." my heart pounded I'm my chest please don't say my name. "Jasmine," as she was about to continue someones hand went up, "Stephanie with Ryan," when she noticed the hand she called on the student, "Yes Mr. Bieber what is it?"

"Jasmine moved and Ryan isn't going to be here for another week."

"Oh yes thank you for that, in that case Justin you will be partnered with Stephanie." I sank into my seat thank you I thought sarcastically so close to not being his partner.