Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning and got ready quickly. I had just finished when Justin pulled up and I ran out to the car. I climbed in the passenger seat and leaned over giving him a peck on the cheek. We drove to school listening to the music coming from his radio, and I mentally prepared myself for what was to come with telling Asia about us.

I sighed loudly trying to calm my nerves. Justin took hold of my hand lacing out fingers together giving me a reassuring smile. We pulled up to the school and as we got out and walked into the building my heart race picked up some. We walked over to my locker knowing it wouldn’t be long till she showed her face.

“Hey Justin,” he voice rang through the hallway. “Are you feeling any better today?” she asked placing her hand on his forehead, as to check for a fever.

“Much better,” I looked at them out of the corner of my eye and noted that he was looking at me. “Asia there is something that I wanted to tell you,” he said his eyes fully on me now as he spoke.

She turned her head and looked at me. She glared slightly before speaking, “What is it baby?”

“I wasn’t sick Asia, Clover was I left to check on her and I spent yesterday taking care of her.”

“I know, I'm not stupid Justin and I already told you you're not that good of an actor. I was only playing along to make you think that I didn’t know.”

“Why?” he questioned confused. Her tone wasn’t angry in fact she sounded sort of happy about it.

“Because I’ve been thinking about it and if being with Clover is what makes you happy then I shouldn’t keep you from that. Our relationship isn’t working so why try and revive something that already been dead so long,” she said shrugging. She turned to me a smile on her face, “Don’t hurt him please,” she said a slight plea in her voice. She reached forward pulling me into a hug. Confused and a little scared I hugged her back eyeing Justin. He shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes at her.

She pulled back and walked away with a small wave and a smile. What the hell was that about? I thought to myself. I got the rest of my things out and Justin and I walked to class his arm around my shoulder.

We spent the first half of the day getting strange looks and whispers as we walked past a lot of people.  They were probably just as shocked as I was at Asia’s reaction this morning. I'm sure that they had expected her to attack me or something. I know that’s what I was preparing myself for.

We finally made it to lunch and we both sat with my sister. She interrogated him much the same way my mother had last night but we also joked about the times when she dated Ryan's brother and all the times Justin Ryan and I would try and annoy her.

We finished our food and like Jazz and I normally did we headed out side. We sat together on the grass the same place we had sat together that first day we started to hang out. We sat there with our legs stretched out my head on his shoulder. Some of our friends came over and talked for a while, most of them asking about us and Asia.

When we finally had to go to more classes Justin walked me to class but since it wasn’t one we had together he had to leave to go to his class. I sighed this would be the only time today that I wouldn’t have him by my side it felt kind of strange realizing how much time we really spent together.

When the class ended forty-five minutes later I walked to my locker alone this time. I stood in front of my open locker taking things out and putting stuff in. “Are you feeling any better?” I jumped slightly not expecting that.

I turned to Kevin who was now standing next to me, “I feel a lot better actually,” I said with a laugh.

He gave me a hug, “So I heard you and Justin are official,” he didn’t sound too pleased with that.