16

[Draco Malfoy]

News spread like wildfire at Hogwarts. George Weasley was taking the Hufflepuff princess to the Yule Ball. I was furious and extremely jealous, but it was all my fault. She wasn't mine, i hadn't asked her to go with me. She had every right to go with whoever she wanted to, even if it was the blood traitor Weasley.

I didn't listen to a single word Pansy was saying and neither did anyone else at our table. I drowned myself with thoughts of Beth being with someone else, what if she started dated Weasley after the ball ? There were murmurs around the room and Daphne pointed across the room to the stairs, "Isn't that Elizabeth and Hermione ? Wow, they look beautiful." I turned around the look at what everyone was staring at.

There, walking down the stairs, was Beth and Granger. I paid no attention to the mudb- muggleborn. Beth was the only one i could see, the only one i had eyes for. She was in a dress fit for a princess such as herself. At the bottom of the stairs awaited Weasley, linking arms and went to their table.

"Aren't you going to ask me to dance ?" Pansy asked annoyed when every other pair started dancing.
"No." I replied annoyed as i glared at Weasley who had his hands around her waist while slow dancing. He whispered something into her ear, no doubt complimenting her on her beauty. I couldn't take it anymore so i stomped out of the Great hall leaving Pansy behind.

I took of my coat and loosened my bow, heading to the astronomy tower. I stared into the dark starry sky, the same sky where Beth and I danced but tonight she was dancing with Weasley.
"Draco ?" A familiar voice called out, my favourite sound. Why was she here ? I turned around to face her, she still looked beautiful in the dark.
"Hey, Beth." I said.
"I needed some fresh air, you ?" She asked. I didn't want to see you and Weasley together any longer.
"Yeah same." I lied.
"Had a good time with Weasley ?" I asked, not actually wanting to know the answer.
"Yeah." I wish you were with me instead.

"Wanna dance ? I'm better at it now" She asked and i almost thought i heard her wrongly but she had reached her hand out.
I took her hand, spinning her and then bringing her close to me, dancing slowly. No dream could be this good. We stopped, looking deep into each other's eyes. It was becoming our thing. I debated if i should confess my feelings to her but before i had the chance to, she tipped-toed giving me a peck on my cheek.
"I'm sorry, Draco." She said before running away. I stood at the same spot for another few minutes before processing what had happened. The girl i had loved so dearly since the first time i had laid my eyes on her in year 1, kissed me. What did that mean ?