M| Happy Diwali, Abhishek

30th October 2016

30th October 2016

P R E E T I

"Preeti! Come down and decorate the porch! Aisha and Abhinav are already here!", my Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Coming Mom!", I replied back whilst putting on my earrings. I slightly lifted up my blue embroidered lehenga and descended down the stairs. I had pinned my light blue dupatta on my blue traditional crop top.

 I had pinned my light blue dupatta on my blue traditional crop top

"There she is. We've been waiting for hours", Aisha whined as soon as I stepped out onto the porch.

"C'mon. It's only been a minute or two since we arrived here", Abhinav replied and rolled his eyes.

"Stop ruining everything I say or el- "

"Guys please! Stop fighting, at least on the occasion Diwali", I interrupted Aisha hoping that another argument won't spark up right now.

Why do they keep fighting 24 x 7?

"Fine. You go decorate the diyas around the main gate and we'll take care of the rest", Aisha said handing me a plate of diyas among which only one was lit up.

I proceeded towards the outside and saw many children of our neighbourhood bursting crackers of different varieties.

I bent down and started placing the diyas in a straight line.

As I was doing my work, I suddenly saw someone pick up a diya from my plate, through the corner of my eye, and place it in the line. I turned my head sideways to meet eye-to-eye with none other than my classmate, Abhishek. He was a new student in our school and I had not got a chance to interact with him much.

"Namaste and Happy Diwali", he said pulling me out of my thoughts.

Why do I get lost in my mind ever so often?

"Happy Diwali. What brings you here?", I asked and placed another diya on the ground.

"Just roaming around and wishing everyone. I didn't know you lived here."

"I literally live just opposite to your house", I said and chuckled.

"Sorry. My bad I didn't notice that such a pretty girl lived here", he said and smirked at me.

I blushed. I had received a few compliments from my male peers before, but he just said it so smoothly that I couldn't help but feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

"It's alright."

"Preeti right?"

"Yes."

"Abhishek Khanna", he said and gave me a close-eyed smile.

"Nice to meet your acquaintance."

"Woah. You have a way around with words, don't you?"

Wait? He's impressed?

"Kind of. Some, I mean, many people dislike me for my elaborated words", I said and looked down at the diyas lined up in a row. He picked up another diya and placed it in the row.

"I don't know why anyone could dislike a girl like you", he said and I looked into his warm brown eyes to see any traces of dishonesty, but found none.

"What are you doing with her?", a voice which I knew all too well, came from behind me.

"Uh, talking, I guess? That's what I think it's called", Abhishek said and we both got up at the same time.

"With her? Seriously?", Sneha said in an annoyed tone, "C'mon let's go to Aarushi. We're celebrating Diwali at her house."

She grabbed Abhishek's hand and dragged him with her. Sneha was none other than Abhishek's girlfriend. They have been dating for three weeks now and I'm 100% sure that she's dating him only because of his good looks. Sneha and I were never on good terms because her best friend, Aarushi despised me.

What a great reason to dislike me for.

Abhishek looked at me one last time and gave me a heart-warming smile. Even if he is Sneha's boyfriend, perhaps we could have a few short conversations, once in a while.

Who knows? Maybe it's the beginning of a new friendship?

I waved my hand gesturing a goodbye at him and he disappeared around the corner, at the end of the street.

I dreamily sighed.

"What are you evening-dreaming about?", Aisha said popping out of literally nowhere.

"Eh-what?", I asked and raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know people call it daydreaming but since its evening already so, perhaps evening-dreaming? Leave that and come inside. Your Mom's calling", Aisha said and went back inside. Before following her inside I looked at the candles Abhishek had helped me to line up outside the house.

Happy Diwali, Abhishek.

~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Diwali Everyone!

Okay I'm a day late but still, Diwali can be celebrated everyday. Right?

This Mémoire.. Is related to the book.

Check the date. ;)

It's like a small walk down the memory lane of Preeti on Diwali.

P.S. The above pic is made by me so don't steal, copy or repost!

Stay safe,
Stay Miraculous!

Don't forget to...

Vote?

Comment?