02| I Hope We Can Meet Again

14th August 2017

14th August 2017

P R E E T I

Normal people expect an alarm blaring in their ears when it's time to wake up in the morning. But some people lose that state of normalcy when they find a best friend like Aisha.

"Get up already! How lazy can you be that too on such a day!", shouted-a little too much for my delicate eardrums-my best friend, Aisha.

Wait a second...who am I kidding? My one and only best friend is my bed!

I pulled my blanket over my head in an attempt to block those irritating, displeasing sun rays in my room from reaching me and held my pillow over my ears to muffle the protests of Aisha.

Why do so many things want to keep me away from my bed?

Aisha harshly pulled my blanket away from my face and snatched my pillow.

"Preeti Das Durand! If you don't get up from your bed right this instance... I'm gonna make your life miserable!"

"Don't you think you are already making my life miserable by trying to separate me from my bed, so early?", I replied with an unamused face. "What are you doing here anyways? Wearing a..." I trailed off as I looked at her from head to toe.

Why is she wearing a lehenga so early in the morning?

"Don't tell me you forgot! Oh, of course, you forgot otherwise you would have already been out of bed", Aisha rolled her eyes.

I sat up on my bed and raised an eyebrow at her.

What am I forgetting? Dance practice? Puja?...oh god...

"Girl! Your Krishna must be waiting in the main ground with his flute ready to play a song for his Radha!", said Aisha with a shocked expression. It's obvious she would be shocked.

How can I forget the dahi-handi event?

I leapt out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.

"Sooo you accept the fact that Abhishek is your Krishna and you are his Radha?", Aisha said standing at the bathroom door with a smirk on her face. I almost choked on my toothpaste.

"Aisha, how many times do I have to tell you that there's nothing between us?", I said, still brushing my teeth. She burst into laughter. I slammed the door shut right on her face and opened the tap water in hopes of drowning the teasing voice of Aisha.

══════════════════════

I was rushing to the main ground with Aisha trailing behind me. My 'payal' and bangles were tinkling simultaneously as I was in a hurry to reach the grounds before the event started. I had to lift my white lehenga with a turquoise borderline, a bit so that I don't accidentally trip over it during my marathon. I had paired my lehenga with a cute dark pink traditional crop top.