M| What was your name?

24th December 2012

24th December 2012

The snow continued to fall gracefully on the pavements of the city of love. Everyone was in the festive mood for it was the night of Christmas Eve. Every now and then laughter erupted from one of the Parisian houses which were decorated for Christmas. It was normal for every house on the streets to be lit up on this festive occasion however, no one dared to ask why the houseboat on the river Seine was the only one, to be dully lit and why its occupants wore black. For everyone knew that it wasn't, their day to celebrate.

══════════════════════

"Watch out!"

And with that faint warning, the sound of a loud crash echoed through the Agreste mansion.

"What happened? What was that sound?", a very worried Gabriel, asked.

The black haired girl-who was sprawled on the floor-gave off a nervous laugh while Emilie and Adrien ran to her aid.

"What happened? Oh my god! Preeti what happened to your knee?", Priyanka asked as her eyes remained glued on the unwanted bruise, clearly visible on Preeti's left knee.

"Oh, M-mom uh- ", Preeti stuttered and nervously scratched her head, whilst rummaging through her brain, trying to find a reasonable explanation.

"Oh Priyanka, you worry too much dear. It's just a bruise", Peter came to save his daughter, from yet another long lecture from the overprotective Indian mother.

"Adrien was trying to teach Preeti how to skate. I was keeping an eye on them, but Preeti lost her balance and... this happened", Emilie said, feeling a bit guilty that she couldn't even take care of two kids on her own.

"Mom, Emilie don't worry I'm fine it's just- ", she was cut off by a sharp sting of pain in her left ankle when Adrien tried to help her up," It's just a bruise and a sprain. I'll be fine", she said and cheekily smiled at her mom who still wasn't satisfied.

"Yeah aunty, she'll be fine", Adrien said and intentionally poked his finger on Preeti's left knee making her yelp.

All of the adults burst into laughter while Preeti grumbled, under her breath and a sly grin appeared on the blonde boy's face.

══════════════════════

"Psst."

Preeti woke up with a start and she looked around until her eyes landed on the beautiful green orbs that appeared to be shining in the dark.

She rubbed her right eye with the back of her hand and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Sorry to disturb your beauty sleep, your highness but did you forget what we had planned to do tonight?"

Preeti's eyes widened when she finally remembered the real reason Adrien had sneaked into her room.