I hate you

Melody’s P.O.V 

 What the hell did I just do? All my life I’ve tried to be different, tried to not turn into my mother, or become like some of these young girls out here on these streets. Sleeping with one guy after the next to get by in life. Sure I’ve had boyfriends before, but I’ve never slept with any of them. I’ve always been smart, I know I’m better than these streets, I’m not willing to put myself out on them, so why the hell did I lose myself with one white boy?

Am I just like my mother? One white guy with money shows a little interest in me and I fall right into bed with him. For god sakes, I don’t even know the guy! I like him yeah, but there were a lot of guys before, whom I knew very well and actually loved. But you didn’t see me hopping between the sheets with them.  What makes Richie so different?

I feel disgusted with myself. Everything people have been saying about me is true. I am destined to end up like my mother or worse. I can’t move further than these streets. The one thing I was proud of is gone and I don’t know how to handle it. My whole world has changed, that was the one accomplishment that has kept me going. I thought if I could stay pure and true to myself, I’ll be able to accomplish anything in life.

What do I do now? How do I even look the people who predicted this in their eyes? I’ve lived up to all their expectations, no better than a street hoe. Sleeping with a guy whose name I only know. What the hell is wrong with me, where the hell did I go wrong?

 Will I ever be able to come back from this, can I ever forgive myself for being stupid and letting my hormones control me? Right now I just don’t know. I just don’t know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oswaldo’s P.O.V

“So how’s the new school working out for you? You dying of boredom yet?”

My best friend Max ask. I wish I could say it is great, but it’s not. Melody hasn’t talk to me for two weeks now. I think I ruin her. I know you must be thinking I’m being melodramatic, but I assure you I am not.

The sassy, hot mouth, feisty girl I met is no more. I know I didn’t know anything about her before that first day. But I did watched her that entire day. There was an attitude about her when she dealt with people. If the teachers asked her the answer to a question they knew she know, if she didn’t feel like answering she would straight up tell them no. Now, it’s like she has built the iron walls around herself, and she’s not willing to let anyone in. And I did that to her.

“It’s a school like any other school.”

Max laugh, “Yeah, but it doesn’t have Lisa Jones.”

I laugh too, “That it doesn’t.” It has someone even better.

Lisa Jones is my ex-girlfriend. She is the only girl I have ever dated for more than a year. We broke up about 7 months ago. Well, she broke up with me because as she said, “I need to explore my other options Oswaldo, I just can’t be 17 and has only ever had sex with just one guy. How will I know if you’re the right guy, if I don’t try other guys?”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you girls cherish the fact that you’ve only ever slept with one guy. I’m not a girl so I wouldn’t know. See now us guys, we cherish the fact that the number of girls we slept with has exceeded our fingers.

“So have you met any nice girls yet? You know if you have, don’t forget to hook a brother up.”

Max started talking again. Max and I go way back, we’ve been friends from birth. The only reason I think my parents let him come around to the house or hang out with me is, because his parents are filthy rich, more so than my family.