Chapter One

My name is Chloe Stilinski and I'm half guardian angel and half werewolf. Yeah I know crazy combination. My whole family was human except my mother. I was the only one who could see her wings. And since I was first born I got the trait for guardian angel. My mother told me to keep it a secret from Dad and Stiles.

         And now you're wondering, how the hell can I be part werewolf. Two words, Talia Hale. One of the most respected Alpha in the werewolf world. Talia just doesn't just give the bite to anyone. But she knew my mother well and about us being guardian angels. When I was born something was wrong with my angel powers and if I did nothing I was going to die.

         And that's not the real reason why Talia gave me the bite when I was so young. But the thing is I don't know why she gave me the bite. I think had to do with the person I'm supposed to protect when I find them. I think she knew who it was but never told not even my mother.

         Anyways my mother had taught me ever thing about guardian angels before she died. And Talia did the same, taught me about werewolves and how to control the shift before the horrible fire. I also met my two best friends during this, Laura and Derek. I loved them both but there was something a little more with Derek, I couldn't explain it. But after the fire we haven't talk since, I mean Laura would send a couple emails but when I went to college it stopped.   

I pull open the glass door carefully, trying not to break it with any of my supernatural strength. When I'm fully in the building I let my invisible, to human eyes, wings stretch out. The grey, white tipped feathers spread out to at least ten feet wide. My wings look a darker shade of grey in the poor lighting of the Beacon Hill's Police Department.

         "Chloe?" I hear a female voice say in front of me. I look at the young women sitting behind the desk in a deputy uniform. I recognize her dark skin, hair and her scent. "Tammy." I say and she sends me a big grin and leans over the desk and gives me a small hug. "It's so nice to see you. Does your dad know you were coming here?" Tammy asks and I shake my head putting my finger against my lips.

         Tammy nods and points back to my dad's office while buzzing me in. I send her a smile before I open the door, folding my wings behind me to avoid hitting them on anything. They may be invisible to human eyes but their just like an arm or a leg. A few heads look up at me but none seem to recognize me so they just go back to work.

         I make my way to my dad's office, opening the door quietly so I don't disturb the others. I slip in and shut the door silently. I see my dad slouched in a chair going through some papers, while rubbing his eyes, tiredness clear in his eyes. "You look like you need some sleep." I say and dad's head snaps over to where I'm standing.

         "Chloe!" He exclaims jumping out of his chair and pulling me into a huge embrace. I smile and return the gesture by wrapping my arms around him, wings following. Even though he can't feel them it makes me feel more comfortable.

         When we finally pull apart I just smile at him and he goes the same. "Oh Chloe it's been so long. When did you finish college?" My dad asks and I feel guilt in the pit of my stomach. "I finished a year ago. I would have called but something happened and I just couldn't talk to anyone." I answer and my father frowns slightly. He's not frowning because I haven't talk to him or Stiles in five years. It's because I stayed there for a year because something happened to me, actually someone else.

         "What happened?" He asks and I suck in a deep breath, looking at my father. "My friend, Miles died from an animal attack. And no before you ask he wasn't my boyfriend because he was gay. He was like a brother to me during college; he was the only one I had." I say sadness drooping in my voice and my father pulls me into another hug.

         That was only the sugar coded version of it. What really happened is that he was killed by hunters. Werewolf hunters to be exact or more like the bitch that calls herself, Kate Argent. Kate killed Miles for no reason only because he was a werewolf. And it's my fault I'm the one that turned him into a werewolf. It was all my fault.

         After me and my dad's reunion I told him I was going to go look around town. That was a total lie. I'm heading to the woods so I can exercise my wings. You see if I don't exercise them enough it could damage the bones. I smile as I enter the woods.

         When I'm far away from the town, I stretch out my wings. You can see them in the shadow behind me as the sun catches them. I start moving them back and forth slowly making sure my wings are ready for flying. When everything seems alright I start increasing my speed until I'm up above the trees.

         Then I start soring over the trees, diving into the woods and swimming back up to the clouds. The feeling of the wind is amazing in my feathers. After my wings start getting tired I start flying into the woods. I carefully lower myself down to the ground.

         When I turn around I see the Hale house behind me, burned down, and black. I walk up onto the porch, folding my wings behind me looking at the memory filled house. I then open the door slowly walking in and looking around.

         Suddenly I'm pushed into the wall of the house. I look to see blue piercing eyes staring at me. The guy is tall, muscular, and gorgeous. He has black spiked up hair, dark clothing, and a very familiar black leather jacket. "Derek?" I mumble to myself but he heard me perfectly. "Who are you and how do you know me?!" It doesn't hurt me that he doesn't recognize me because I didn't recognize him until I saw the jacket.

         I smirk at him pushing him off of me with my Alpha strength. He growls at me when I push him back but doesn't attack me again. I slowly stretch out my grey and white wings, to their full ten feet. I let my eyes glow red as Derek looks at me with recognition. "Chloe?" He says and I grin at him as I lower my wings, while letting my eyes shift back to green. 

         Then I jump into his arms and hug him tightly with my wings wrapping around him. He chuckles slightly wrapping his arms around my waist. Derek's breath tickles my neck slightly making shivers go down my spine. "I've missed you!" I exclaim while pulling away to look at him. "I've missed you too." Derek says with a small smile.

         Okay something is wrong. When I'm with Derek he his smiles always reach his eyes even after Paige and the fire. "Derek what's wrong?" I ask and Derek frowns instantly before I can smell his sadness and anger. "Laura is dead." He whispers and tears instantly fill my eyes. "What happened?" I say as a tear slowly slips out and Derek whips it away.

         "Another werewolf killed her and is now killing people in town." Derek says coldly and I glare at the ground. "They killed Laura for her Alpha power." I state and Derek nods slowly. "And it's my fault." Derek mumbles and I give him a look. "How in the hell is that your fault?!" I shout and Derek flinches a little at my Alpha tone.

         "I let her come back alone when I knew I should have come with her." Derek says not making eye contact with me. "Derek look at me." I say and he slowly does. I cup his face with both of my hands making sure he looks at me. "Listen to me none of this is your fault. None of it. The only person you should be blaming is the werewolf that killed Laura, okay?" I say to him and he nods slowly. "Okay." He mumbles as a few tears escape his eyes. This isn't new to me, I've seen Derek cry before. For Paige, for the fire, and now for Laura.

*****************

What did you guys think? I hope you like the plot so far with the whole guardian angel and werewolf mix. If you guys have any questions about something i didn't explain, please ask me in the comments! Thanks Guys!

~IMDIVERGENT160