Chapter 4

I woke up to the birds singing. I yawned as I replayed the events from last night like a nightmare.

I decided to take a risk. I jumped out of my bed and hurried for my bedroom door.

I creaked the door open and tiptoed to Kaiden's bedroom.

I opened the door slightly just to make sure he was sleeping. Then I barged in and started rummaging through everything while trying to be as quiet as possible.

I looked under his bed, and there I found a suitcase. I pulled it out and undid the lock. Inside, there was a few things but what interested me was my phone sitting on top.

I grabbed it in relief and tiptoed back out of his room.

The first thing I did was go to my call app and dialed in my moms phone number. Beep. Beep. Beep Beep.

I pressed the call button directly in the center and turned my volume down.

Someone finally answered, and I took a deep breath. "Mom..?" I whispered.

The voice on the other end was not who I expected it to be.

"Hello, ma'am. Is this Amanda's daughter?" A young lady said in a hushed tone.

"Y-yes, this is she." I answered and tried to be prepared for the news that came next.

"I'm very sorry that we have interrupted your call but unfortunately she cannot speak on the phone right now"

I gasped. "Why? Is she ok?"

"No, im sorry. She attempted suicide last night. She is breathing, but we are not sure she will make it. Would you like me to read the note she left? It includes you."

I stood silent.

"Y-yes ma'am, I would like to hear the note."

"Dear Hannah, if you are reading this, im sorry I let you down. I cant survive without you. And. I know I'm not getting you back so I had to do this. If I dont survive, please carry on with your life. We can't do anything to help you. I love you so much. Ill be watching over you soon,"

A tear trickled down my face, but the moment ended when I heard loud footsteps. I hung up and slid the phone under the bedside table just in time to see Kaiden barge in.

"Were you being a bad girl?" He asked impatiently. "N-no!" I whimpered.

"Where is the phone," he glared.

"I dont have it! I don't even know where you put it!"
I suddenly felt a hard slap against my face.

"Bad girl." He yelled.

I let out a tear or two and brought my hand up to the place where he had slapped me. I backed away from him and whimpered in fear.

He took my by the neck and yelled. "If you're lying to me then you will get hurt way worse than that!"

I sobbed as he continued to choke me. I pulled at his hands and tried to demolish his grasp but he was too strong. Eventually my hands just fell and I hung there in his hand. "Shit." He said as he dropped me onto the floor.

I felt a rush of relief but I still just sat there on the floor, lifeless.

As soon as he left I didnt feel the need to get up. I just sobbed into the floor. Silently crying, I bring my knees up to my chest like a little girl.

5 minutes later, I grabbed the edge of my bedside table and pulled myself up. It was painful but I was doing alright. My knees were shaky and my arms were wobbly.

I walked out of my room and slowly walked to the shower. "Fuck" I muttered.

I stepped in the shower and turned the water on. I turned it to icy cold because I felt it would do more harm to the wounds.

I undressed and locked the door.

It was freezing but it was the only way. I got in and started scrubbing roughly on my neck. Then on my chest, my stomach , my arms, every where he had touched me.

I wanted to scrub until it bled.

I sobbed as I did this and as small blood droplets dripped to the floor of the shower i didn't care.

I was bleeding mostly every where now. I fell to the floor of the shower and just cried into my arms. "If she doesnt survive ill kill myself. Thats official." I think.

After 10 minutes I stood up and turned the shower off. I grabbed my towel and dried my bloody wounds.

As I opened the door of the bathroom it was dead silent. I tiptoed back into my room only to be met with Kaiden who looked furious.

"Where were you." He practically yelled.

"I-i was in the shower.."

"Why the fuck are you bloody?" I refused to answer this one. I stood silent.

"Answer me when I tell you to, slut." That made me uncomfortable. "I made myself bleed," I whispered, looking down.

He looked my body up and down.  "Show me." I screamed in my head, please no. Let me go. But I did as he ordered and threw off my towel. I nervously showed him what I did to myself.

"Fuck. This is my fault. Shit. I-" he stumbled. Suddenly my phone which I had hidden under the nightstand started ringing and I tensed up.

He glared at me and went under the nightstand and grabbed my phone. I cowered and backed away.

He answered the phone, and I was close enough to hear what was on the other line.

"Hello, this is the department of health. This is the lady who you called earlier, and im very sorry to say that due to your mother's suicide she has passed away. I'm very sorry and this must be alot to take in, but, im sure she is watching over you now Hannah. I-" he hung up.

My eyes widened. My mom- the light of my life- my birthgiver- my caretaker- left me. She left me to go live a better life.

I still cowered in the corner. He started to walk towards me and I started crying because I was thinking of all the things he was going to do to me because I took the phone and lied to him. He reached my location and I put my hands in front of my face.

He reached his hand out to me as if to help me up but I slapped it away and darted straight for the kitchen. If my mom commited I commited. I'll keep my promise.

I started rummaging through the drawers until I found a large kitchen knife. This would be the most painful, but the most efficient. Without my mom I had no reason to live. I took the knife and pulled it outwards, and as soon as I was going to stab myself I felt a rough hand grasp the knife.

Kaiden.

He hugged me from behind. Shit he ruined the mood. I kicked him off and ran back to my room with the knife and locked the door.

Suddenly I heard loud banging on the door. "My girl please dont do this," he begged. He was one to talk. He was ready to kill me just an hour ago. Now it was time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you liked the new update! What do you think will happen? (Also we all know the main character never dies so don't worry 😉)

O❤