Chapter 1

"Come here, kiddo" my mom said and chuckled.

    I walked over to her and she wrapped her arms around me, embracing me with love and I remembered how much I loved her.

   "I'm going to miss you, honey," she said and looked at me pitifully.

   "Calm down mom, im only going to be gone for a week, ill take pictures for you, and update you on my status like every 20 minutes," I said sarcastically, earning a worried smile from her. "I'm kidding. Just dont worry about me"

    "Its hard not to, but ill take your word for it. Be safe" she said quietly.

     I grabbed my bags and my phone and turned away from  mom. "Bye mom" I said.

    As I grabbed the doorknob, I immediately noticed something was wrong. I attempted to turn the doorknob right and left, but it wouldn't budge. It was loose, so I checked the lock, but surprisingly it was unlocked. I tried again but to my demise it didn't open. It was almost like... someone was holding it from the outside.

    After 5 more tries I gave up and spun around to see my mom looking at me with a raised eyebrow. "Whats wrong?" She asked.

    "The door won't open, but its unlocked" i admit. "Maybe its jammed, go out the garage door." Mom suggests.

     I turn to my side and start walking to the garage but before I can take a step, the front door is busted open and my mother is being held at gunpoint.

    I spun around and saw two armed men staring at me. The first man was holding the gun to my mothers head. The second was advancing towards me.

    I was frightened, and you can't blame me. If your house go broken into and your mom got held at gun point, I assure you the feeling would be mutual. I felt so scare I wanted to piss my pants right then and there.

   The second man who was walking towards me finally reached my stance and gripped my arm, then drug me to my mom.

   A low voice came out from under his mask while the first man still had a gun to her head. "The king has requested to see you." He says to me.

    "WHAT king?! Some king he is!" I spat out, instantly regretting being crude to the people that might end my mothers life.

    My mother stood silent. "The king of vampires." I froze. King Kaiden requested to see me, and that couldn't have been good.

    "Please! Let my mom go!" I winced, slowly being tortured waiting for the moment he would walk away, or shoot my mother.

   "If you come with us without a fight, we will spare your mother" the second man said. I was scared out of my shits so I just agreed. The first man put the gun down and they dragged me out of the house.

   "Mom.." I cried as I imagined this would be the last time I saw her.

Hey guys, I know this is short, but if you enjoyed please share your thoughts! I always love new suggestions so please let me know.

O 💕