After many, many long hours of walking through the night and into the early morning, Alia can finally see some houses through spaces between the trees.

Valen, to Alia's delight, held in his dominating aura for the entirety of their walk back. This made it easier for her to request a few breaks through their silent travels.

The number of trees in front of her begins to diminish and Alia feels the need to thank the male beside her before they part ways. "Thank you... for telling me about what happened," she says, turning her head to look up at him, "I really do appreciate it."

Valen looks down at her briefly but doesn't say anything in response. She shouldn't have experienced it in the first place.

The pair eventually find themselves out of the forest and they begin to manoeuvre between the homes of sleeping pack members.

After a while, Alia spots her house and thanks Valen once again. He nods and she takes her leave, quickly making her way to her door. She can't wait to get into bed.

She takes out her key from one of the pockets of her trousers and opens the door. Two small leaflets are on the floor and she picks them up, not bothering to read them. The leaflets, along with the key, are then placed onto a nightstand to the left of her bed.

Alia can't make herself take a shower, nor can she make herself fish out some pyjamas from the wardrobe. So, she strips to her underwear and throws her clothes onto the floor.

She is out like a light the moment her head touches the pillow.

Incessant knocking on the front door has Alia waking up in a daze

Incessant knocking on the front door has Alia waking up in a daze. She slips out of her warm bed, the room illuminated by the morning sun, and walks into the hallway.

The chill of the wooden floor causes her body to become covered with goosebumps. She trudges on, quickly missing the warmth of her bed.

The knocks are relentless.

Alia pulls open the door slightly and looks through the opening, leaving the rest of her body behind the door.

Her eyes are half-way closed, yet she can easily recognise the male at her doorstep.

Liam sighs in relief, "I thought you'd never wake up!"

"What's—"

He lifts a finger and gestures for the female to turn around, "go get dressed, we don't have much time." And with that, he grabs the door handle and shuts the door closed.