Chapter Eighty-Six

"You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees

"You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees." - Grace Willows

Hot air blows out of Valen's nose when he recognises the intentions brewing in her gaze. He slowly shakes his head, but it doesn't deter Alia's lewd imaginings as her breaths deepen and her eyes lose their focus.

Deep and guttural, Valen's voice is purely animalistic when he tells her, "No."

She tilts her head. "Scared you'll like it?"

One of his large, clawed hands reaches for her face just as he lowers his head to look at her better. His hand spans the size of her head, claws able to slice through skin like a knife in butter. Two claws gently press underneath her jaw, guiding her head back to acknowledge how big he truly is.

"You're half my size," he says, voice only managing to make her gaze blacken even further. "It's not happening."

She moistens her lips and takes hold of his hand, guiding her cheek into his palm. "Don't worry," she whispers, eyes heated. "I can take it."

Valen's breathing deepens, and it takes him a moment to regain his faltering composure. His hand doesn't move from her cheek as he shifts back into his non-primal form. Golden, hungry eyes meet hers, and his voice is a sinful murmur when he says, "Remember that when you begin to plead."

"If I plead," she tells him, "it won't be for you to stop."

His jaw ticks as he looks at her, and then his hand moves to her throat. Thumb pressing against her jaw, he guides her head back as he lowers his mouth towards hers. Heat travels through her skin, brows furrowing with need. "Handle me as is," he murmurs, "and I'll do as you wish."

An anticipatory rumble sounds inside her chest, and her stomach begins to tremble with a sickening and almost debilitating desire.

"But if you fail," he continues, mouth moving towards her ear. "You will do something for me instead."

Alia places her hands on his hard chest and closes her eyes when his warm breath glides across his mark. She doesn't bother asking him what he wants, because she knows she'll be able to succeed. 

Very well.

So, she nods. His hands move to the front of her trousers, unbuttoning them. Her arms wrap around his neck as she breathes in his scent. Her stomach trembles when she feels his fingers brush against her skin after he unzips her.

He gently bites her neck, hands moving underneath her shirt as he caresses her skin. He smiles when she sighs, already tasting victory.

 He smiles when she sighs, already tasting victory