Stop crying, she scolds herself. Tears will get you nowhere.

She quickly, and quite forcefully, wipes her eyes with her hand, exhaling deeply. Whilst sniffling, she tilts her head back to try and prevent any oncoming tears. Her eyes look to the foliage above and she shakes her hands at her sides, trying to shrug off her emotions.

"Who has upset you?"

Alia looks down and notices his hard expression. "The King," she admits, wishing it weren't true.

Valen decides to not speak any further. He turns around and heads in a direction different to the one they came from.

Alia quietly follows behind, her thoughts negative as she chastises her moment of weakness.

Glimmering, dark water dances before Alia's eyes. She can't make herself look any further than a few inches in front of her as Valen washes his shirt at the other end of the very small lake.

Alia remains clothed and seated near the edge, completely dry. She swirls her finger in the water, creating small ripples underneath the moonlight.

She doesn't know how to act, to say the least.

When they had arrived, Alia's cheeks burned profusely when she saw Valen begin to remove his shirt. She turned around instantly, barely catching a glimpse of the skin around his waist.

"Ready?"

Alia looks up from the water and towards Valen who towers over her. She notices that his shirt sticks to his skin, wrinkled slightly from trying to wring it dry.

She gets up from the floor and asks, "are you comfortable wearing your top like that?"

She knows that he had wet clothes before, but the wind has picked up drastically since then.

"It will do," he responds, looking away from her and towards the direction of the mainland.