But the thought brought up memories of his too-perfect face and serious eyes that lightened to honey whenever he smiled.

I fell back into the recliner, watching the white-coated doctor and intern of Doctor Sexy now making out in one of the break rooms. Their kisses were frantic, hands sliding off lab coats and lifting blue scrubs. I looked away, embarrassed at the thought of being caught staring at the scene by Dean.

I was about to leave the living room all together when the burner I kept on me rang. It was the one I'd given out at school. Dean glanced over as I answered. "Hey."

"Hi, Sarah," Angela greeted on the other end. "Mike said he forgot to mention when we'd be meeting."

"Oh, for La Push. Right." I sat up straighter, finally managing to banish thoughts of Edward as I remembered promising to go with the group to the beach. "When and where?"

"An hour in front of Mike's dad's shop." She paused a moment before asking, "Do you know where that is?"

"Um, I'm guessing somewhere down main street?"

I could hear the smile as she replied, "Yeah. It's a little further north of the diner. You can't miss it."

"Cool." I kicked the foot stand back into the seat. "I'll be there."

"Great. See you."

"Yep," I replied, before adding a quick, "bye," and ending the call.

Dean leaned over the couch's arm. "Who was that?"

"A friend. Angela."

"She cute?"

My whole body cringed. "She's seventeen," I replied, revolted at the idea.

"You say that like she's jailbait or something," Dean replied, still looking far too interested. "So? Is she cute?"

"I'm not hooking you up with my friends, you ass," I retorted before hopping out of the chair. "Especially not someone as nice as Angela."

Dean ignored the insult. "What's in La Push?"

"A place called None of Your Business, just outside of Go To Hell."

"C'mon Sarah," He cajoled. "I'm supposed to keep an eye on you. Dad's orders."

I was about to tell him to butt out again but realized I was probably already in deep enough with Dad. I relented with a grudgingly stated, "First Beach."

I hated the way Dean's eyes lit up. "A beach, huh. Sounds fun."

I knew exactly what he was thinking. "You realize it's, like, fifty degrees out, right?" I crossed my arms and frowned. "No bikinis."

As I suspected, a little of the excitement drained away. He still looked entirely too interested, however. "When we going?"

"I'm going in forty-five minutes. You're staying here."

"Dad's Orders," Dean repeated, a smug grin on his face.

I threw up my hands. "Why?! It's a bunch of high schoolers hanging out. Aren't you a little old for that?"

"I'm nineteen," he said, sounding insulted, "not forty."

"Whatever." I whirled on the ball of my foot and headed for the stairs. Dean would do whatever he wanted. I just hoped Jessica, Angela, and Lauren had enough sense not to fall for his crap.

I threw on a white tank under a flannel and my denim jacket. Then went to put my hair up into a ponytail and throw on some eyeshadow. A pair of boots comfortable for walking in wet sand or hiking through mud completed the ensemble.