14

||Instagram||

Benchilwell: and we're back💙

538k likes || 129k comments

Username: love it!

Chelseafc: our no. 21💪🏻

Username: wow😍

Masonmount: put them legs away🙄
>😂😂

Username: living for these friendships☺️

-Load More Comments-

After ending a successful week of training, the boys decided to head out and do something together to welcome the new boys to the team.

Training ended and they all made their way to the changing room to get ready but one of them just wasn't as keen as the rest.

Ben lowered himself onto the bench behind him and rested his elbows on his knee and then his chin in his hands. Ben was practically staring into space, oblivious to the conversations of his teammates happening around him.

"You ready?" Mason wondered as he threw him bag over his shoulder.

"Huh?" Ben asked looking up at his long term friend, not hearing what Mason had actually said but knew that he spoke to him.

"You ready to go?" Mason repeated.

"I think I'll skip man. Don't really feel like going out." Ben shook his head before turning and grabbing his trainers from the cubby hole behind him.

"Come on Ben." Mason spoke before he lowered his voice. "I know you feel shitty over the whole Lucy thing, but you can't go around sulking forever. Sooner or later it's gonna effect your play."

"It's not gonna effect my play." Ben got super defensive all of a sudden without realising. "Sorry. I'm just gonna head home."

Ben was in a world of his as he pulled into the driveway of his new London home, completely unaware of the girl sitting on the front step.

He shut off the engine and leaned over to grab his bag from the passenger seat. When he sat back in his own seat he finally noticed the head of blonde hair a few feet away.

A sigh escaped his lips briefly before he swallowed his pride and got out. He threw his bag over his shoulder and made sure the front gates were locked before walking towards her.

The closer he got the more Ben could see. He watched as her small, timid hands played with the set of keys in her hand, never lifting her head to meet him as the sound of Ben walking across the stone path could be heard.

"What are you doing here?" Ben asked as he came to a stop in front of her.

"I honestly don't know." She admitted as she stopped playing with the metal in her hand and lifted her head to look up at the footballer in front of him.

His hair was messy and gelless after training just like it always was. His facial hair growing longer than he usually let it go. But what stood out most of all was his eyes. His eyes looked heavy and full of hurt. His eyes gave away everything.

"How long have you been sitting out here? You have a key." Ben reminded her.

"How long have you been at training?" Lucy questioned as she tried to do the maths in her head.

"About 3 hours." Ben replied.

"Then that's how long I have been sitting here." Lucy told him.

"You've been sitting out here for 3 hours?" Ben asked in confusion and got a simply nod as a reply. "Doing?"

"Thinking I guess." The blonde shrugged her shoulders casually.

"About?"

"Me. You. Us." She spoke in response as she lifted her head from looking at the ground to the new Chelsea defender in front of her.

"And what conclusion did you come to?" Ben was intrigued to know what answer she came to after a whole 3 hours of thinking.

"I want you." Lucy admitted causing Ben to smile. But it didn't last long. "But it's not that simply."

"What do you mean?" The brown haired footballer asked.

"We both had things we really wanted to do. Yours was your move to Chelsea. Mine was going to Paris. And I know that if I don't do it then I'll regret it forever." Lucy explained. The smile reformed on Ben's face.

"Okay." He smiled at her.

"Okay?" Lucy related in confusion.

"Okay. If you have to go to Paris then that's okay. I want you to live your dreams Luc." Ben assured her as he gently took her hand in his own.

Without thinking, Lucy used their connected hands to pull the footballer towards her and into a tight hug which he automatically returned.

"Promise me one thing?" He whispered in her ear. Lucy nodded telling her to continue talking. "Don't go falling for some French guy on me."

"No one will ever come close to you Benjamin." She promised as tears threatened to flow from her eyes.

Always planned for them to come back together in some way but wasn't sure how to get there but I think I got it now.

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Do you think they'll both remain loyal if Lucy goes away?

Until next time

-ky❤️